Old 09-29-2015, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bent rims yo!
Old 09-29-2015, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,
Thanks. First, we put brand new wheels/rims and brand new tires on it and it was fine for 3500 kms. We also thought it could be the wheels, so we bought a NEW SET of these awesome wheels... we also replaced the tires with Audi recommended Michelin summer tires, we also put brand new winter tires on another brand new Audi wheel set... we also took the wheels of another Q7 from the showroom floor and put it onto the car. NOTHING MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The dealer did the following:
- put original wheels and new tires on it
- put second set of wheels of another Q7 on it
- tried summer, winter and all weather tires
- used nitro instead of air in tires
- balanced the brake discs (I didn't even know that can be done)
- replaced the wheel bearings
- replaced front and rear drive shafts
- replaced all bushings
- checked front and back geometry
- laser measured all control arms and stabilizors

NOTHING, NOTHING works.

What is even more concerning that even AUDI HQ is running out of ideas. And the "Hunter" idea is really far fetched. Even if this very costly way of balancing the wheels would mask the issue, it surely doesn't fix it. All it means is that if winter comes and I throw on the original Audi Wheels and brand new Michelin winter tires, the problem is right back. It cannot be that on a $90k SUV a client has to mess around with tires every 20'000 km and tricks the car. If that is the case, then I want my money back. This is my 19th Audi and I have never encountered an issue Audi couldn't fix. This is really frustrating...
Old 09-29-2015, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My Vibration was at a idle with my steering wheel vibration pretty bad that move into the drivers seat. I have a 2010 TDI US made spec.
My fix was the motor mounts, which the motor mounts are liquid fill and also Electronic sensor. At a idle the mounts control a different setting, and when you drive the motor mounts will adjust the vibration of the car.
Sometimes it will throw a code but have the time it is the unwanted vibration when driving or at a idle.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This is surely worth trying out. We will check into that as well. I will post the solution once we finally find it... at this point I will be very happy if we find it. Any other tips??? Please Q7 drivers out there.... help me.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeridoo
This is surely worth trying out. We will check into that as well. I will post the solution once we finally find it... at this point I will be very happy if we find it. Any other tips??? Please Q7 drivers out there.... help me.

It took me 30 min to explain my problem and to convince the Audi tech on what my problem was that my motor mounts was bad. The Audi Tech did understand that the mount has two vibrations modes (idle and driving).

Hope this helps.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Q7 Wheel vibration

Apparently Audi has not learned from this at all......I own a 2015 Q7 and I am having the same issues. Just took it back to dealer with under 2K miles and they balanced the front wheels. Also, they told me to expect some vibration blaming it on the wheel size! I do not buy this excuse. I wonder how many other vehicles experience this, if at all. I am sure Audi is not going to replace my tires for premature wear.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Try balancing at 36 PSI all the way around (manual says to do this for 2-3 occupants, sticker on the door is for maximum filled capacity/weight), this helped me but still at times I get vibrations. It's very odd but it's almost down to nothing. I don't know why it does it sometimes and others not at the same exact speed. Still frustrating for the 50k I just spent 4 months ago.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Thank You

Thanks for that info.....I will pass that on to my dealer also

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Vibration