Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I feel a bit better now.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edge
You need to read the details carefully. I'm in the exact opposite position as you. In this case, you get the buyback or repair AND one half of the cash compensation and the former owner gets the other half of the compensation. See the link to the PDF I posted just above and find the compensation tables.
I am assuming you sold yours? That is the situation I am in, I find the documents confusing. I had a 2015 Q7 TDI, I traded it about 8 months ago, I bought it prior to the recall so I qualify, but it is difficult to figure out exactly what we qualify for. I am clear that is half, the new owner qualifies for the other half, but I can not tell exactly what it is half of?

I registered, I guess I will find out, anything is a bonus for me. I almost kept it just to wait this out, probably should have. Oh well is what it is.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikemdd
I am getting emails about once a week saying pretty much the same thing every time.
Yes I have received about 4 or so e-mails stating almost the same thing. I just registered today and now I got a confirmation e-mail as well.

Last edited by MessyMarvin; 02-25-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin
I am assuming you sold yours? That is the situation I am in, I find the documents confusing. I had a 2015 Q7 TDI, I traded it about 8 months ago, I bought it prior to the recall so I qualify, but it is difficult to figure out exactly what we qualify for. I am clear that is half, the new owner qualifies for the other half, but I can not tell exactly what it is half of? I registered, I guess I will find out, anything is a bonus for me. I almost kept it just to wait this out, probably should have. Oh well is what it is.
You should get 1/2 of the compensation range in the below exhibit based on your year/make/model and purchase type.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/doc..._exhibit_a.pdf

Grey
Old 02-26-2017, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know what happens if you were to buy a TDI right now? Would you be entitled to anything? Say you buy a Gen2 and no fix is acceptable...
Old 02-26-2017, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Furgal
Does anyone know what happens if you were to buy a TDI right now? Would you be entitled to anything? Say you buy a Gen2 and no fix is acceptable...
Best I can analyze it you become eligible for the fix or buyback but do have to share the retribution 50/50 with the former owner if he registers for it before May 1st. I keep wondering if I should be searching now for a gen2 to replace our gen1.

Last edited by J. Patterson; 03-07-2017 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Edge
You need to read the details carefully. I'm in the exact opposite position as you. In this case, you get the buyback or repair AND one half of the cash compensation and the former owner gets the other half of the compensation. See the link to the PDF I posted just above and find the compensation tables.
And what if the first owner leased the vehicle? Am I now the sole owner?
Old 03-07-2017, 04:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Paul Furgal
The "owner" is entitled to the compensation. I recently purchased one for this exact reason
Old 03-08-2017, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deiberson
The "owner" is entitled to the compensation. I recently purchased one for this exact reason
There is a definition of "Eligible Owner" in the settlement documents, so it's not as black and white as the "owner" receives compensation. For example, if a lessee buys the car off-lease, he/she does not qualify as an owner.

Anyone looking to buy a Gen 2 TDI right now is rolling the dice on future performance, compensation and reliability. You could make out quite well, or be disappointed. There's no clear answer at the moment. All I know is my 2014 TDI that is about to come off lease is worth about $8k less than it would have been without the scandal. Needless to say, since I won't be treated as an owner if I bought the car, I'm not keeping it any more. I find it very frustrating that if a new individual were to buy the car after I return it, he or she would receive more compensation and be treated as an owner, where I do not have that option. BS carve-out that is going to save VW AG a bundle. Well done by their lawyers.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FairwellQ7TDI
There is a definition of "Eligible Owner" in the settlement documents, so it's not as black and white as the "owner" receives compensation. For example, if a lessee buys the car off-lease, he/she does not qualify as an owner.

Anyone looking to buy a Gen 2 TDI right now is rolling the dice on future performance, compensation and reliability. You could make out quite well, or be disappointed. There's no clear answer at the moment. All I know is my 2014 TDI that is about to come off lease is worth about $8k less than it would have been without the scandal. Needless to say, since I won't be treated as an owner if I bought the car, I'm not keeping it any more. I find it very frustrating that if a new individual were to buy the car after I return it, he or she would receive more compensation and be treated as an owner, where I do not have that option. BS carve-out that is going to save VW AG a bundle. Well done by their lawyers.
I appreciate all your comments. I feel the exact same way, 2014 A6 TDI coming off lease in May. I was originally going to buy it out, however, considering I will not be treated as an owner, and car can be severely hampered in performance and efficiency for $500, I can't take the chance. My buyout amount is $34K.

Quick Reply: Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...