Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Cayenne, Touareg, Q7...

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...ions-questions
Old 11-04-2015, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ooops, just bought a Q7 on Saturday last week as it looked like they were not part of the problem. Spoke too soon!
Old 11-04-2015, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a feeling this was coming... I wonder when the stop sale will be lifted,, if it goes into 2016 with the new Q7 coming there will be Amazing deals on 2015 Q7s... There is already some great deals out there.. Curious to see how all this will play out.. It's really unfortunate for people who have a TDI Q7... Resale values will plummet if it plays out just like the 2.0 TDI vehicles did..
Old 11-04-2015, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Expert

educated guess is that there will be software update which will be a mandated recall. the software update will require that the vehicle run in that inspection mode permanently. which will result in a lethargic vehicle compared to what current drivers are used to. i can't imagine a hardware fix for all the 4cyl TDI vehicles affected by this. the cost would be too great.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've poked around the equivalent thread in the Q5 forum. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I'd take about 20% back on my purchase price, though it was a good price. I feel that compensation for the decreased resale is fair. I was going to chip the CPU using APR but will wait to see what VAG will do. I figure this will take months to play out. I very specifically wanted the 3.0 TDI when shopping for a new car due to the torque for towing. Finding out 4 days after purchasing that there's a major issue is disappointing.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know how this impacts older Audi Q7 TDIs? I own a 2013 Q7 TDI.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Too early to know but I'd imagine all of the 3.0 TDI's will be impacted.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Certainly will be interesting to see what the play out or shall I say.... PAY OUT... is here.

We still love our 15' Prestige S-Line Q7 TDI but know like everyone else, the phrase "diminished value" and required recall are going to go hand in hand. Amazing to think after all the $$$ that AOA and others have put into "clean diesel" that this is the outcome. Not going to render a full position until it's all flushed out but.... really quite sad.

There's nothing out there in the "space" of lux SUV's that we wanted besides a TDI Q7.... For now we wait, but looks like it's about to get veddy veddy interesting.....
Old 11-04-2015, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Expert

In all seriousness there is nothing else in this segment that ticks all the boxes as well as the Q7. The F15 X5 comes very close and still offers a V8 but the ML is junk and the GL is huge and the new XC90 is having so many g'damn issues just getting out of the factory that it makes me wonder what kind of issues it will have after a few hundred miles.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The Q7 truly is a one of a kind SUV.. It's sad to see that it's involved in this scandal.. The only other vehicles that could also compete would be the New Acura MDX and Dodge Durango.. But they're still on different levels then the Q7.. It's really unfortunate for my local dealer... On their VW lot 75% are diesels and on the Audi Lot about 45% are diesels... It's awful because they were blind sided by these scandals.. I can't even imagine being the owner of a VW/Audi dealer right now.. They must all be sweating.. Lol

Quick Reply: Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...