Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious to know which years of the Q7 they will be buying back. I wonder if the pre 8 speed transmission models (2009 and 2010) are the ones they need to buy back and the 2011 and forward they are able to fix. Does anyone know if Audi changed the emissions on the 2011+ models? Maybe they are able to get the emissions passed on 8 sp. models.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Sheesh. And I just did brakes and tires. Will they give us two years like they are the 2.0s?
If so I will put another 40- 50 k miles on ours and give it back to them at 150k.
Will we get the Sept 2015 value that the 2.0s get?
If ours is not in the buyback and we keep it with mods, how much settlement do we get for loss of value?

I prefer to keep it if at all possible. Nothing out there to replace it.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

West Virginia professor says investigation, lawsuit overblown; says soot from “rolling coal” is “absolutely worse” than NOx emissions....

Dieselgate investigator speaks out on Volkswagen emissions - Motor Trend
Old 10-23-2016, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker
West Virginia professor says investigation, lawsuit overblown; says soot from “rolling coal” is “absolutely worse” than NOx emissions....

Dieselgate investigator speaks out on Volkswagen emissions - Motor Trend
Much ado about (almost) nothing. :-/
Old 10-25-2016, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Out of curiosity I ran a NADA used car value report on our TDI Q7 and compared it to one I ran last in Oct 2015 using the same mileage (85000) It shows that clean trade in value has dropped from just over $30,000. to just over $22,000. in the past year. $8000.!! 27%!!! These compensation offers will have to be pretty big for any who want to keep their Q7 if that proves possible. I'm not sure I would take $30,000 for ours. (It's value one year ago before all this sank in.) And I doubt the offer will be that big.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Pork, pork, pork and more pork! Arrggghhhh!!!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-judg...150717961.html
Old 10-25-2016, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
Pork, pork, pork and more pork! Arrggghhhh!!!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-judg...150717961.html
Wow. I better hang on to that NADA valuation report from last October.
"Sept 2015 value + $5-10 K." I'd feel guilty. (I would still be frustrated because I couldn't get another one though.)
Old 10-27-2016, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
Out of curiosity I ran a NADA used car value report on our TDI Q7 and compared it to one I ran last in Oct 2015 using the same mileage (85000) It shows that clean trade in value has dropped from just over $30,000. to just over $22,000. in the past year. $8000.!! 27%!!! These compensation offers will have to be pretty big for any who want to keep their Q7 if that proves possible. I'm not sure I would take $30,000 for ours. (It's value one year ago before all this sank in.) And I doubt the offer will be that big.
If audi offers buybacks it SHOULD be based on value of October 2015. This is what they did for the 2.0 TDI. The resale has dropped so much because of this scandal. And this is why, no matter how much you love your TDI, it would be beneficial for you to take the buy back offer because after, you won't be able to sell it for much.

Just to give you an idea, a buddy of mine is selling his 2013 TDI Passat back to the dealer for $22k, which is a lot because that car msrp was like 28k brand new
Old 10-28-2016, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This logic works if you don't keep your cars very long, but for those of us that do the logic breaks down. This is especially true if you need the diesel. I tow a boat with my Q7 and bought my Q7 specifically for the TDI. Getting a gasser is a very unattractive option to me. That being the case, if I can get my 3.0 TDI fixed with minimal spec changes and get around 25% comp money by accepting the fix I'd strongly consider that option. By the time I do sell my Q7 it will be far far from the settlement date and the depreciation values from a dieselgate vs. non-dieselgate world will be very close and certainly well below the comp money. I am a special case though as I bought my Q7 just before the stop sale so I would expect to get max value.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

WASHINGTON -- The EPA's crack-down on emissions malfeasance has thrown the U.S. diesel vehicle market into disarray.

With the 2017 model year well underway, Jaguar is the only brand selling 2017 diesel light vehicles in the U.S. That compares with nine brands offering 20 models in the previous model year, including many from Audi, Volkswagen and Porsche, which are now sidelined from the diesel market altogether.

Later this year, BMW will join Jaguar, having received a green light from the EPA over the summer.

But for now, those are the only two automakers cleared to sell 2017 diesels, an agency spokesman said. Other automakers' plans remain in limbo as the EPA continues the rigorous diesel testing regime it implemented in response to VW's emissions violations, highlighting a lingering effect of the cheating scandal on the rest of the industry.

Since last October, the EPA has subjected diesels to a new battery of tests designed to root out the type of cheating uncovered at VW. To deter automakers from trying to game the tests, EPA officials have said little publicly about the enhanced testing, saying only that vehicles would be kept longer and tested in unpredictable ways.

"It is true that diesel vehicles are getting extra scrutiny and that has extended the certification process longer than normal," EPA spokes-man Nick Conger said. "In general, manufacturers have been supportive of this additional testing and have adjusted their timing to account for the additional test duration."

The new testing has uncovered no evidence of emissions manipulation thus far, but the effects have been felt throughout the industry, beginning with delayed launches last year of the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon diesel pickups and the diesel 2016 BMW X5.

GM is now awaiting approval for the 2017 Colorado and Canyon, sources at the company said. GM, which also has a Cruze diesel due next year, says it's still building 2016 diesel pickups.

Jeep and Ram stores have gasoline-powered 2017 Grand Cherokees and Ram 1500s in stock, but no diesels, even though both models were offered with Fiat Chrysler's 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine for 2016 and press materials indicate the engines would be offered for 2017. An FCA spokesman declined to comment.

FCA's online inventory trackers show several thousand unsold 2016 EcoDiesel Ram 1500s available nationwide, as well as hundreds of the less popular Grand Cherokee diesels.

BMW delayed the start of production for its 2017 diesel 3-series sedan and X3 and X5 crossovers pending testing by the EPA and the California Air Resources Board, a BMW spokesman told Automotive News. The 3-series and X3 diesels are on track to arrive by year end and the X5 diesel arrives in January.

Mercedes-Benz is now stepping back from plans to field as many four diesel models in the U.S.: a C-class sedan as well as GLC, GLE and GLS utility vehicles.

"Numerous authorities are currently testing diesel engine vehicles for compliance with emission standards," Mercedes spokesman Robert Moran wrote in an email. "Of course, this process has a considerable impact on new diesel certification projects both in terms of effort and duration."

For now, Mercedes' priority is securing EPA certification for the V-6 diesel in the GLS350d, Moran wrote, declining to provide a launch date.

He also declined to say whether Mercedes still intends to offer diesel versions of the GLE or GLC in the U.S., as Mercedes executives had said would happen. It still sells the 2016 GLE300d in the U.S., but dealerhip supplies are dwindling.

But Moran confirmed that Mercedes has abandoned plans to offer a diesel C class next year in the U.S., citing "product strategy reasons." Even that timing represented a delay: the C300d was supposed to arrive the first quarter of this year.

Quick Reply: Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...