Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Did everyone email in their comments on the 3.0 TDI settlement? I just did. We have until the 29th...

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
The Second Consent Decree was filed on 12/29/2016. We have 30 days to file our comments. You can file your comments by email or snail mail.

Email to: pubcomment-ees.enrd@usdoj.gov

The information is halfway down this webpage: https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...-clean-air-act
Old 01-21-2017, 07:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My MKII Q7 is about to arrive. I have a 2009 Q7 TDI. The original plan was to trade it in. In light of the new developments around the TDI and buybacks, would you hang on to it and wait for the buyback or would you trade it in. The dealer was offering $13k for a PP with 108kmiles in fair-good condition.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bos_man
My MKII Q7 is about to arrive. I have a 2009 Q7 TDI. The original plan was to trade it in. In light of the new developments around the TDI and buybacks, would you hang on to it and wait for the buyback or would you trade it in. The dealer was offering $13k for a PP with 108kmiles in fair-good condition.
I would definitely wait to see what they decide on the buyback. However, timing will be an issue. Assuming it goes like the 2.0 buyback, it might be at least 6 months before any actual transactions will take place on the buyback. They have not even decided on the terms of the buyback yet and there will be lots of administrative steps that will need to be put in place.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by bos_man
Seek all the advice you can before you act, but based on what we know right now, I believe you should hang onto that one and sell it back to AUDI when the buy back is in place. Trading it in now would forfeit all the compensation for lost value that is in the works.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The End of an Era? The BMW X5 xDrive35d
Old 01-23-2017, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a4avant-ti
Did everyone email in their comments on the 3.0 TDI settlement? I just did. We have until the 29th...
Why kind of comments are people submitting? Mine is that if a recall option becomes available, I'd like an option of that or buyback depending on my preference. Point being that if recall substantially changes performance of the car I should not have to live with it.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MiQ7TDI
Why kind of comments are people submitting? Mine is that if a recall option becomes available, I'd like an option of that or buyback depending on my preference. Point being that if recall substantially changes performance of the car I should not have to live with it.
The point would be to make sure the Courts hear that 3.0 GenII customers would like the option of a Buyback. At present the thought is that GenII'ers will only be offered a fix. Here's the parallel thread (and my 'email') going on in the Q5 (TDI) discussion where more detail is flowing.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-.../#post24910719

And, as A6forMoi states...

Originally Posted by A6forMoi
Having seen this from the other side, it won't matter a lot. When the court or government looks at the public comments they likely will put anything similar into a category of "Commenter believes buyback should be available, and Audi should provide fuller compensation" or something to that effect - and then there will be a total number of such comments.
As such, the more 'commenters' we have the better our voice will be heard. Speak UP!

Last edited by BlackOptic; 01-23-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here's a great response:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-.../#post24912062
Old 01-23-2017, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Reading the comments from you gen2 TDI owners and your concerns that you will not be offered a buyback does make me empathize with you. Your concerns certainly are valid. I will however point out one possible scenario that you have not mentioned. When all of the gen1 vehicles are gone including the Passatts and A6s and Touareg's. if the performance of the gen2 vehicles is not too negatively affected by the fix, those vehicles could be in very high demand by those of us who can't get a new one. I did not purchase our vehicle because of it's clean image. I do not feel threatened by those who point out I drive a dirty diesel. I bought it because it's performance fit my needs. After I finally do turn it in, if that's what happens I will be looking for another.

Last edited by J. Patterson; 01-23-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

+1

Quick Reply: Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...