Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Tail Light/Brake Light Warning but no burnt bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Light/Brake Light Warning but no burnt bulbs

Hey guys. I hope someone can be of assistance. I just bought my 07 Q7 about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I just ran into what I think might be an issue.

Driving to work this morning, I had a rear right tail light/brake light warning beep and display on the dash. I figured it was a burnt bulb so I went to the auto store and bought 7506LL bulb. Before changing it out, I wanted to see which bulb I needed to change so I placed something on the brake pedal and went around back and it seems like all my lights are working fine. I then turned the turn signal to the right and it blinked really fast (to my understanding that always meant the bulb was burnt). Walked around and turn signal was blinking at the normal speed. Check the front blinkers and they were fine too.

I think went ahead and replaced 2 bulbs and same deal. Anyone have this problem? I did all this outside the auto parts store and plan on checking out the bulbs tonight in my garage when I get home. Maybe The sunlight screwed me up?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok, just got home and checked the brake light, turn signal and those lights are working fine. After a while, I noticed that when the trunk is open, there are 2 lights on the rear bumper that light up (right next to the reverse light). One of them appears to be out. How in the world do you get to these bulbs? Anyone have a diagram or something? Is this covered under warranty if I take it to the dealer so I don't have to do it?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I forgot to mention, I don't know why the right turn signal blinks really fast inside but outside it is normal. Kind of weird
Old 08-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok... I was able to change the bulb on the light strip in the bumper. Never noticed that it served as a turn signal as well. Once the bulb was changed, the warning light went off. Problem solved!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually had the misfortune of replacing bulbs only to discover that what I was accomplishing was cleaning off connector corrosion when I unplugged the connector. Problem came back, second time bulbs looked good. Sprayed on contact cleaner and rubbed with Q tip.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Trunk open and only bumper tail lights on its normal. Nothing wrong. Could it be the parking brake pedal hanging... there is a SB about bad parking brake pedal rubber bumper. It hangs while driving and gives out the brake light message.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2010 A5 Rear tail light and signal warning light

I just spent 2 hour trying to fix a Tail Light/Brake Light Warning but no burnt bulbs on my brides convertible.
I see many other people are having the same problem. So I was able to fix this problem and this is how I did it.
1- Pull every bulb out of the rear lights and use a small screwdriver to scrape off any corrosion in the bulb socket. Use the same small screwdriver to pull the bulb metal pin UP just a bit.
2-Spray all the bulb sockets with electrical cleaner spray.
3- Put it back together and it worked fine for me with NO dash warning light on.
Hope this helps anyone running into this problem
Old 03-03-2021, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 701 Likes on 582 Posts

Welcome to the Audi Forum! Be advised you posted to an old, inactive thread specific to Q7 owners (Q7 owner forum), so that's why nobody here is jumping in. Go check out the 'new member' threads so you can get the most out of this online forum. As you've now discovered, doing a generic search will bring up matches from any forum segment.

Again, welcome; now go find your appropriate forum for the A5 and good luck to you.