Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Used Q7 advice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Q7 advice?

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of buying an used Q7 around 08-09. I'd like the facelifted Q7 but it is way off my budget, it costs like 10-15k more than a 09.

So having no experience whatsoever with Q7, what would you guys would recommend to look out for? Any common problems or things I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Make sure all the buttons and ***** work on the MMI, the usual noises while driving, but most importantly make sure all the electricals work fine so check everything like mirrors, windows, rear latch, lights ect. These cars, well all Audi's, mostly have electrical problems
Old 02-07-2017, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default service records...

look in the manual for the service stamps, if it has had regular service etc.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you can, try to get one with the diesel engine, i had a Mercedes ML diesel, Audi uses there exact engine and its amazing. Tons of power, VERY reliable and amazing MPG
Old 02-08-2017, 02:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thank you for your inputs. The Q7 I have my eyes on has both traction control and ABS lights on. Is this an expensive/complicated repair?

It is actually quite a good deal, it's a 09 Q7 with 18k km on the clock. The owner travelled a lot and wouldn't use the car that often. However he made all the maintenance work at the dealership. What do you guys think?
Old 02-08-2017, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by audi_q7101
If you can, try to get one with the diesel engine, i had a Mercedes ML diesel, Audi uses there exact engine and its amazing. Tons of power, VERY reliable and amazing MPG
I guess if he/she doesn't intend to keep the car past two years then this is a viable option with a buyback in their future. Not sure where you are getting that there is a Mercedes engine in our VAG vehicles though. Grey

Last edited by Greystoke; 02-08-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kyonkanno
thank you for your inputs. The Q7 I have my eyes on has both traction control and ABS lights on. Is this an expensive/complicated repair?

It is actually quite a good deal, it's a 09 Q7 with 18k km on the clock. The owner travelled a lot and wouldn't use the car that often. However he made all the maintenance work at the dealership. What do you guys think?
only 18 000km and the ABS and traction control lights already on! Well not a big deal depending on how much your getting it for? And im sure the traction control lights on because the ABS is, ABS is a easy fix, most likely just one of the sensors
Old 02-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well I have to get it to the dealer to have it inspected before I pull the trigger. Hopefully you are right and all it needs is a sensor.

The asking price is 15500$ but I dont particularly like the color (Champagne). The only reason I'm even considering this car is the very low milage. But seeing as it already has a abs problem, maybe there are some other issues hidden in the car?

I was wondering if these engines suffered from burning oil or some common issue on the engine?
Old 02-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Greystoke
I guess if he/she doesn't intend to keep the car past two years then this is a viable option with a buyback in their future. Not sure where you are getting that there is a Mercedes engine in our VAG vehicles though. Grey
the Q7 diesels use the Mercedes diesel engine
Old 02-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kyonkanno
Well I have to get it to the dealer to have it inspected before I pull the trigger. Hopefully you are right and all it needs is a sensor.

The asking price is 15500$ but I dont particularly like the color (Champagne). The only reason I'm even considering this car is the very low milage. But seeing as it already has a abs problem, maybe there are some other issues hidden in the car?

I was wondering if these engines suffered from burning oil or some common issue on the engine?
with only 18 000km on it for $15 500, im assuming canadian since its in km's, you should be at the bank first thing in the morning and buying it! These engines lasts as long as you dont beat on them and maintain them properly, the ABS light isnt a big issue. Is it a V6 or V8? Either way there both good, like i said these cars mostly just have electrical issues like that one does with the ABS

Quick Reply: Used Q7 advice?