Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

will a MMI with Nav work on a Q7 without Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a MMI with Nav work on a Q7 without Nav?

So my MMI unit isn't working properly since coffee was spilt on it, my 2007 Q7 doesnt have Nav, i ordered a MMI board from Hong Kong with NO Nav, when i installed it everything worked fine except when i pressed the "Car" and "Setup" button it would say "Info not available" and "Navigation not installed" although when i had just the board out and pressed the "car" and "setup" buttons they worked fine. Long story short i learned the boards from Hong Kong still have 4 buttons on each side while my Q7 only has 2 buttons on each side, i guess they make one board to fit both models but they didnt realise that the Q7 with Nav the MMI unit has the "Car" and "Setup" button on the button unlike the Q7 without Nav having those buttons on the top. So my question is, will an entire MMI unit with the nav, info, name and telephone still work with my vehicle? I know the extra buttons wont work since i dont have that features, but will the setup,car,cd and radio buttons still work? reason why i ask is because it is VERY hard finding this unit without the extra buttons like my model and ive found a few with the nav info ect buttons, so just want to make sure it will work with my vehicle. Thank you in advance
Old 12-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ended up ordering an MMI with the Nav and other buttons anyways, i shall keep this thread posted if it works or not incase anyone else has this issue
Old 12-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got it, ended up working perfect
Old 12-09-2016, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

So...are you saying that you bought a MMI Control Module to go with the Nav option MMI Interface and it worked without reprogramming? Do you have Nav now or it just works on the regular functions (Radio, phone, etc.)?

I'm curious as my understanding is that the 2007 models had a separate DVD Nav disc reader.

Thanks,

Grey
Old 12-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No no, i dont have Nav now, just the regular functions work. When i press the Nav button, the screen says Nav not installed
Old 06-10-2021, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same situation

Originally Posted by audi_q7101
Ended up ordering an MMI with the Nav and other buttons anyways, i shall keep this thread posted if it works or not incase anyone else has this issue
Hi, I’ve recently had to do the same thing- but an MMI with Nav but old MMI was without. My car and setup buttons (LHS) say not installed. Is there a way to reprogramme what the buttons do? I think the two buttons I need are blanked and the nav and phone? Menu are being activated by the visible buttons.
thanks in advance. A
Old 06-05-2022, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default MMI issues

Originally Posted by Aaron D
Hi, I’ve recently had to do the same thing- but an MMI with Nav but old MMI was without. My car and setup buttons (LHS) say not installed. Is there a way to reprogramme what the buttons do? I think the two buttons I need are blanked and the nav and phone? Menu are being activated by the visible buttons.
thanks in advance. A
Hi did you manage to solve your above issue? I’m having a similar problem, the volume button no longer switches the unit on and off unless I squirt electrical cleaner under the volume button. I’ve looked a replacement PCB’s but they all have the Nav and phone options mine doesn’t have Nav just like the original poster so I won’t be able to select car and set up. Any info or tips much appreciated. Thanks