Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2016 Q7 Release Date?

Old 07-28-2015, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlaugh
Thanks for the helpful post. Did etron come up? Any discussion of a US launch for that?
Not for the Q7. He mentioned the 2.0T would come later in 2016 but no mention of e-Tron. They did have an A3 e-Tron there and there is actually a product manager for electric vehicles, so Audi seems pretty serious about the technology. So I suspect it will come eventually but no idea on timing.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ksalno
Audi Q7 product manager confirmed Q7 will go on sale in January. He wasn't sure but guessed the order book will open in September. No final pricing or EPA numbers yet. Most of what he talked about has already been disclosed. The news items are that the US will get the 3.0 gas and diesel engines to start. 2.0T will come later but all will have Quattro. The S-Line package will not be available in the US. Virtual cockpit will be an option. We will not get some European options due to NTSA regs, the big one is the power folding trailer hitch which they had on display on a Euro model and it very trick. Air suspension will be an option.

No S-Line package?
Old 07-29-2015, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Buckwheat2088
No S-Line package?
Nope, no S-Line package for the US. I'm trying to figure out from the UK website what features that means we won't get. Not sure but it seems like it is mostly a cosmetic package on the Q7.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I heard from the Audi service manager that they will have a new Q7 for demo in Nov. with cars arriving in early 2016 (I think 2017 model year)
Old 08-05-2015, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ksalno
Nope, no S-Line package for the US. I'm trying to figure out from the UK website what features that means we won't get. Not sure but it seems like it is mostly a cosmetic package on the Q7.
The US didn't get the Sport Style package until the 2015 model year, wonder if it's going to be the same type of deal here where we don't get the full package. Audi has 3 versions of the S Line package on Audi.de, just the exterior package, the exterior package with LED headlights and 20" wheels and then the full blown S Line Sport Package.

Any news on SQ7 availability?
Old 08-06-2015, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ND40oz
The US didn't get the Sport Style package until the 2015 model year, wonder if it's going to be the same type of deal here where we don't get the full package. Audi has 3 versions of the S Line package on Audi.de, just the exterior package, the exterior package with LED headlights and 20" wheels and then the full blown S Line Sport Package.

Any news on SQ7 availability?
The US doesn't get the full Euro LED headlights due to our DOT regs. But we will get LED driving lights and turn indicators. PM said 21" wheels will be standard but maybe he meant 20". No mention of the SQ7, they may not have decided if they are bringing it over. The only future engine he mentioned was the 2.0T which won't be available at launch but later in 2016.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We've had a few of them in UAE for couple of weeks now, with a massive shipment landing in ~5 days.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just celebrated my 1-year anniversary of my Q5, and my wife may be interested in the Q7. A year ago our dealer suggested we wait on a Q7 due to the pending redesign. Well, the same dealer is now telling us that Audi will be skipping the 2016 model year Q7 and issue the newly 2017 Q7 sometime in 2016, but no idea of timing. I'm thinking January seems very optimistic and late spring '16 is more likely...
Old 09-08-2015, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dcl23
I just celebrated my 1-year anniversary of my Q5, and my wife may be interested in the Q7. A year ago our dealer suggested we wait on a Q7 due to the pending redesign. Well, the same dealer is now telling us that Audi will be skipping the 2016 model year Q7 and issue the newly 2017 Q7 sometime in 2016, but no idea of timing. I'm thinking January seems very optimistic and late spring '16 is more likely...
Was at my dealer recently and it seems most likely that first ones will be here late January/February. I'm hoping the earlier since my lease is up on my A5 the first week of February.

Still no order guide and probably a 4 month build time so my guess is February unless that order guide drops in the next few weeks. A few months ago they were expecting the order guide in August/September but still nothing.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone have any further news on order book arrival? Has the new version of the 3.0 TDI been certified yet? Makes me wonder if the whole VW group desiel emissions problem could further delay the Q7 arrival?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Q7 Release Date?