Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Adaptive Cruise Control Issue and Auto emergency braking

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi Belgium have a YouTube channel which has examples of most of the Driver Assist options:

Edit - URL didn't work, found this longer video which I think has most of the assist videos combined.

Last edited by srbsq7; 11-08-2016 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dasaint
Ooooh ok. I was under the impression that the traffic assistance ( congestion assist) was the only time the car came to a complete stop other than pre sense.

So how does the acc utilize full stop? With gradual slowdown with the car in front to a full stop? Emergency braking is just slowing 25 down. Thanks for sharing this knowledge. This is really Important to know what the car is really capable of. These details truly help.
I was driving on the interstate today using ACC when I ran into backed up traffic (must have been an accident ahead). The system brought the car to a complete stop without me applying the brakes. Although I must say, I was just about to put the brakes on, I was getting nervous it wouldn't stop. Anyway, if I wasn't testing the system I would have slowed down and put the brakes on well before the system did since I could see the stoppage coming up well ahead of time. Nonetheless, it was good to know, that it will stop the car.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Setting the ACC distance to the car in front and also ensuring ACC is in comfort mode can help make it less aggressive.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srbsq7
Setting the ACC distance to the car in front and also ensuring ACC is in comfort mode can help make it less aggressive.
Had mine set to 3, the default. I can see setting it to 4 or 5 would have it engage sooner.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

It would be extremely helpful, for me anyway, to experience all the driver assist features in a controlled test track type setting. I've used ACC Traffic Assist and that is no problem. What I'd be real interested is the pre sense especially the pedestrian avoidance.

Is it possible to locate such a test track? I live in Mass. Already called one of those "defensive" driving schools and have not heard back. Any thoughts?
Old 11-08-2016, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by repcapale
In Canada, we have the Drive Assistance Plus Package which includes among other things pre-sense plus.

There seems to be conflicting information on all the pre-sense language.

The question; is there a difference between pre-sense and pre-sense plus?
Presense is the general term for the systems. Presense rear (which can anticipate a rear end collision by rolling up the windows and tightening the seat belts) and presense front are components of presense "plus".
Old 01-19-2017, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GBMILTON

So yesterday I was taking a left turn into a convenience store , waited for an oncoming car in the opposite lane to pass and I began to turn into the parking lot when the Auto assist brought me to a complete and unexpected stop! There was no car behind me but honestly I think I would have been rear ended if there was an inattentive driver behind me. AND I had on the left turn signal, under the 6.2 MPH with NO oncoming traffic as the oncoming car had already passed behind me. Think we should consider requiring a little more than a "test drive" and require a USA car complete and through demo on just how it does work. I am writing a note to Consumer reports asking that they look into the different type of AEB provided by the different models. Audi was ambiguous, IMO, or their sales reps were .
We had the EXACT same thing happen to us. Making a left turn, after oncoming traffic passes, the car came to a sudden and abrupt stop in the intersection. Very fortunate we weren't rear ended. Consequently, we're now pretty uncomfortable with the auto-safety features as we just don't understand how or what they react to.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9
We had the EXACT same thing happen to us. Making a left turn, after oncoming traffic passes, the car came to a sudden and abrupt stop in the intersection. Very fortunate we weren't rear ended. Consequently, we're now pretty uncomfortable with the auto-safety features as we just don't understand how or what they react to.
When was your build week? I have a friend with a 2015 A4 and they updated his presense as he was experiencing similar issues. My Q7 was May 2016 and I've found it to be reliable. I occasionally get the presense exclamation mark appear if it's being a bit cautious, but not hitting the breaks for no reason.

Worth checking.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by srbsq7
When was your build week? I have a friend with a 2015 A4 and they updated his presense as he was experiencing similar issues. My Q7 was May 2016 and I've found it to be reliable. I occasionally get the presense exclamation mark appear if it's being a bit cautious, but not hitting the breaks for no reason.

Worth checking.
Our build week was 4816 so not very close to yours.