Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi connect vehicle control via MMI Connect phone app

Old 08-30-2016, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Audi connect vehicle control via MMI Connect phone app

If you download the MMI app for your smart phone and want to integrate with your Q's connect vehicle control services (page 194 in Owner's Manual) beware! You will need the little scratch off tag hanging from the wire that connected the two remotes you received when you took delivery. The numbers under the scratch off are required by your MMI to connect to your smart phone. AND a contract is required. You get the contract when you register at www.audi.com/myaudi. You then have to take the contract to your dealer for verification. If you don't have the scratch off its a $100 part reorder from Germany!
Old 08-30-2016, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Your salesperson should be creating you a myAudi account username, password, and PIN during delivery as well as verifying the key user contract, and entering the scratch off code into your vehicle during delivery.

Your salesperson should have had this done for you.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's what I told him!
Old 08-30-2016, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep! All this was done at our second delivery with the dealer's technologist. The app comes in handy for us to load destinations ahead of time on our trips into the city.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyRon
If you download the MMI app for your smart phone and want to integrate with your Q's connect vehicle control services (page 194 in Owner's Manual) beware! You will need the little scratch off tag hanging from the wire that connected the two remotes you received when you took delivery. The numbers under the scratch off are required by your MMI to connect to your smart phone. AND a contract is required. You get the contract when you register at www.audi.com/myaudi. You then have to take the contract to your dealer for verification. If you don't have the scratch off its a $100 part reorder from Germany!
My dealer had temporarily lost mine (he actually threw it away) and it wasn't until I called a day later looking for it that he rooted through his trash to find it.

Absurd that Audi has it set up this way.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mi_sat
My dealer had temporarily lost mine (he actually threw it away) and it wasn't until I called a day later looking for it that he rooted through his trash to find it.

Absurd that Audi has it set up this way.
I "second" the absurdness. Way too many passwords, user IDs, scratch offs, secret handshakes....
Old 08-30-2016, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Well it's all about security here. It's just an extra layer of protection for your car. With that code, someone could remote access your car and hack the account.

I think there should be a more standardized fashion to ensure no "tags get thrown away". It should be part of the checklist done at signing.... Just my last two cents.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by drkknte
It should be part of the checklist done at signing.... Just my last two cents.
Audi says to do it at signing, some dealers just aren't.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

In some cases, it might actually be better if the dealer doesn't open a new account for you, like if you're an existing Audi owner who already has a myaudi account, or if you'd rather create your own username and password instead of letting the dealer choose.

I specifically instructed my dealer to lay off it that way I could simply log-in to my existing myaudi account, which I had already created for my RS7 about 3 years ago, and simply added the Q7 to my existing account. Now when I log-in to myaudi site on my laptop or the iOS app on my iPhone, I can simply select which vehicle, instead of maintaining two separate accounts with two sets of usernames and passwords.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by larryV
In some cases, it might actually be better if the dealer doesn't open a new account for you, like if you're an existing Audi owner who already has a myaudi account, or if you'd rather create your own username and password instead of letting the dealer choose.

I specifically instructed my dealer to lay off it that way I could simply log-in to my existing myaudi account, which I had already created for my RS7 about 3 years ago, and simply added the Q7 to my existing account. Now when I log-in to myaudi site on my laptop or the iOS app on my iPhone, I can simply select which vehicle, instead of maintaining two separate accounts with two sets of usernames and passwords.
When we go to create you a new account, it tells us if you have an existing one so they can be combined. For new owners, they can login to change their password and PIN or the salesperson can wait to do it with the customer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi connect vehicle control via MMI Connect phone app