Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Cargo Barrier and Sun Visor

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo Barrier and Sun Visor

Even with the new Q7 being out for a while now, it seems that the accessories are still catching up . . .

Anyone find:

1) A good cargo barrier? I need something to keep my dogs from climbing onto the second row seat backs and ruining the leather. I'm open to both a metal or net-style barrier. Travel seems to have one for the new Q7 but unfortunately it's not compatible with the panoramic sunroof

2) A good sun visor / shade for the windshield? With my windows tinted, the windshield is now the primary source of heat gain in my vehicle. I've been told that an OEM one doesn't yet exist, but I was hoping a decent alternative does . . .
Old 05-03-2016, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mrho888
Even with the new Q7 being out for a while now, it seems that the accessories are still catching up . . .

Anyone find:

1) A good cargo barrier? I need something to keep my dogs from climbing onto the second row seat backs and ruining the leather. I'm open to both a metal or net-style barrier. Travel seems to have one for the new Q7 but unfortunately it's not compatible with the panoramic sunroof

2) A good sun visor / shade for the windshield? With my windows tinted, the windshield is now the primary source of heat gain in my vehicle. I've been told that an OEM one doesn't yet exist, but I was hoping a decent alternative does . . .
1) Not to get on a soapbox, but the dogs should be in high quality car harnesses or crate for their own safety. I know how I would feel if my dogs got ejected in an accident.

http://centerforpetsafety.org/wp-con...mary_final.pdf

2) Not sure if this is what you mean, but I got a pair of the windshield shades from Pep Boys, the kind that you twist and they fold up into about a foot diameter. I slide them between the center console and the pax seat when not in use, or put them in the pax side seat back pocket. Not super elegant, but they are cheap, cover the windshield quite well and do the job.