Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ceramic Pro - Gold vs. Silver

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic Pro - Gold vs. Silver

So after the local Xpel installer declined to do Xpel Ultimate on my Q7, and recommended that if I wanted to have it done I would need to drive either an hour and half to Destin or five hours to Jacksonville, we have decided to forgot getting the clear film and hope that rock chips aren't a problem. We are going get the car detailed (full correction) and have Ceramic Pro done. Does anyone have experience with the different levels of coating. Gold Level is four layers of 9H or Silver Level is one layer of 9H. The price difference is around $700.00 for the additional layers. It seems the main difference is related to the warranty (Lifetime vs. 5 Years). I am probably going to go with the Silver Level, since we will probably only have the car for five years, but want to make sure that it is properly protected, since the detailer told us that additional layers can't be added after the fact.

Hopefully this will alleviate some of the pain of keeping the Ink Blue Metallic paint clean, especially with water spots, since it is an issue here and help with the love bugs. Would love any thoughts or experience with this product. Also they will coat the wheels barrels for additional $$. Is it worth it? Thanks...
Old 10-20-2016, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the Dupont paint protection from the dealer for $690. It's an additional clear coat. It's guaranteed for 7 years with unlimited miles. I have no experience with dupont but after reading reviews, I think it's a good paint protection. It won't protect against rock chips but it will protect against everything else.

I think the ceramic is the same thing.

I would recommend getting the xpel. Driving 1.5 hours to destin is worth it.