Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

get a 16 or 15 Q7.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by malcolmp6
Will the 2016 Q7 be built in Germany or Mexico? If it is Mexico i will surely pass on it. BTW I am shocked at the mpg specs on the Q7 TDI - 41mpg. That is freakin awesome!!
The new Q5 will be built in Mexico, the Q7 should remain in Slovakia.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to my dealer the Q7 will be released to the US in the first quarter of 2016 (January-March). Possible updates to the Order Guide for the Q7 will probably be in August or September.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

it seems like this thread has more like minded folks...

Audi Q7 - Audi flooding the market w/ '15? ...and yet....
I am seriously considering trading in the Toyota Sienna Minivan for a Q7. I am not enamored with the '16/'17 new body style, so see this as an opportunity to get a '15 Q7 TDI at a reasonable price. I would love to get the e-tron, but perhaps that will be the next trade in. I am looking for the Prestige TDI Q7, Glacier White metallic, s-line w/ blacked out grill/rails/headliner/trim, black interior, towing, and absolutely NO woodgrain.

Questions:
- Anyone notice the dealer stock of Q7 is almost double the other audi models in the range? I guess they are trying to get through their backlog.
- It is darned near impossible to get S-line trim (w/ 21" titanium wheels) in the TDI!!! I see it available in the configurator only for the prestige. But most of the TDI's have the chrome trim (and 100% of the White TDI's).
- are the '15's still available to order "as I'd like"

I am basically trying to see if I should settle for 'not what I want' because even though there are dozens of on the floor/in transit models, none have the spec I am looking for.... And whether it is reasonable to order (a '15 Q7) "my way"?

Last edited by BlackOptic; 05-26-2015 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi! I assume the price is highly negotiable now, since 2016 is coming. If you already own an Audi, you might be qualified for loyalty rebate. If you can get supplier discount (6% off MSRP), that will be even better. The two can be combined.
If I were you, I would do custom order. Depending on your requirements, sometimes it is very hard to find the exact model and color you like. You may want to check with the local dealership and see when Audi will stop taking 2015 Q7 order. My experience is that if your order is a swap-out of existing dealer lot, it will just take 2 months or less to take delivery. Otherwise, you will have to wait for 3~4 months.
Go ahead pull the trigger! 2015 Q7 is a great car (a bargain in my opinion). I enjoy mine every minute.
Good luck!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I got the supplier discount of six percent, and the $1k loyalty, and the perfect spec (TDI, S-Line, 20", Black optics... we found one in transit). So... Will be here in 20 days. I am happy except I could have got both those discounts any day of the week - so I feel I didn't get anything off for the outgoing model. Good thing I don't like the look of the new model! The car is sooooo much smaller than the minivan (at least on the inside... the outside dimensions are pretty much identical), I know I am going to kick myself daily, but hey, it's a fine looking/operating/efficient car for the 75% of the time I am not hauling all my kids + grandparents, or 'play' junk (bikes, windsurf, kite, etc).

Last edited by BlackOptic; 06-05-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

There are tons of TDIs in stock. I wanted a S-Line TFSI with the 21" wheels and air suspension so I ordered. Its either in Emden or already on a vessel. I'll take the 1,500 AFS loyalty and 6% supplier discount and be happy. Glad you found what you wanted.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was leaning towards a 16 as I still have six months to go on my *cough* BMW lease, but after seeing a 15 Sport in dolphin gray, I decided not to wait.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BSBG
I was leaning towards a 16 as I still have six months to go on my *cough* BMW lease, but after seeing a 15 Sport in dolphin gray, I decided not to wait.
Good deals to be had right now on '15's. Might be worth it. I'm looking at a Daytona Gray Sports Edition that is currently advertised as $6k below MSRP. Still waiting to confirm if I can get the $3k loyalty/preferred customer discount that was offered to me and additional 6% (ACNA) based on the already discounted price.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Buckwheat2088
Good deals to be had right now on '15's. Might be worth it. I'm looking at a Daytona Gray Sports Edition that is currently advertised as $6k below MSRP. Still waiting to confirm if I can get the $3k loyalty/preferred customer discount that was offered to me and additional 6% (ACNA) based on the already discounted price.
I may be wrong but I believe the ACNA 6% is off msrp, then incentives go on top of that. I was hoping ACNA still did a rebate but I still did ok
Old 08-24-2015, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to get a great deal with ACNA discount. We purchased a Q7 right at the end of May (Prestige TDI) and got 8% off sticker (6% discount and 2% that dealer gets from Audi), plus loyalty ($1500), plus incentive/rebate ($1500), and also got $50,000 on trade on our 2013 Premium Plus with almost 24,000 miles, which had a sticker of $62k less 6% and loyalty when we got it. Audi must have some dealer incentives tucked away, as we only had about $7k depreciation over 18 months. Wait until month end - there's lots of inventory, both new and preowned, and they won't want them cluttering up the lot as the weather deteriorates.

Quick Reply: get a 16 or 15 Q7.