Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Luxury Package Contour Seats

Old 02-14-2016, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Luxury Package Contour Seats

Has anyone had a chance to compare the Luxury Package Contour seats to the regular seats?

I'm mainly concerned in does the Contour have additional thigh support? I've found that the Sport Seats in my A7 give me the extra support that I don't have in my Q5.

This is my only reason to consider the Luxury Package.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lookout57
Has anyone had a chance to compare the Luxury Package Contour seats to the regular seats?

I'm mainly concerned in does the Contour have additional thigh support? I've found that the Sport Seats in my A7 give me the extra support that I don't have in my Q5.

This is my only reason to consider the Luxury Package.
Yes, it has the seat extender - the seats are A+++
Old 04-18-2016, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone add the differences between the two seats, other than the massage and leather?

It appears there are "four ways" more adjustments to the contour seats. Does this include the side bolsters?

I currently have the X5 with the comfort seats. They include an adjustment to the upper back -- there is an articulation there such that the upper back and lower back can be adjusted independently.

Audi used to have this but I looked in a top of the line S8 and it didn't have it, and the salesman gave me a blank stare when I mentioned it.

This will be my first Audi -- have always owned BMWs but not doing it any longer, too many issues. The requirement to replace the battery every year in the new models was the last straw.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by zone5
Can anyone add the differences between the two seats, other than the massage and leather?

It appears there are "four ways" more adjustments to the contour seats. Does this include the side bolsters?

I currently have the X5 with the comfort seats. They include an adjustment to the upper back -- there is an articulation there such that the upper back and lower back can be adjusted independently.

Audi used to have this but I looked in a top of the line S8 and it didn't have it, and the salesman gave me a blank stare when I mentioned it.

This will be my first Audi -- have always owned BMWs but not doing it any longer, too many issues. The requirement to replace the battery every year in the new models was the last straw.
yes, compared to the standard seats, the lux pkg contour seats add adjustable thigh extensions as well has side bolster adjustments. The side bolsters actually "open" up when you enter the car and "tighten" back up to what's stored in the memory presets once you get going.

definitely very nice seats... still don't think it makes the luxury package worth $6k... but I went with it anyway.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No upper back adjustment on the lux seats. I definitely miss that from the X5.