Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Need some advice- P+ 6% vs Prestige 3%

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 10:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice- P+ 6% vs Prestige 3%

I got different discount on different trim, 3% on base prestige with towing and 6% on P+ with vision/towing/warm weather. Saving 4k instead of 2k is a little attractive but the P+ doesn't have Bose and other Prestige exclusive features which make me very hesitate. Plus I like the color on the prestige one more. Can some one give me a bit advice to help the decision making? thanks!!
Old 08-21-2016, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by golfR
I got different discount on different trim, 3% on base prestige with towing and 6% on P+ with vision/towing/warm weather. Saving 4k instead of 2k is a little attractive but the P+ doesn't have Bose and other Prestige exclusive features which make me very hesitate. Plus I like the color on the prestige one more. Can some one give me a bit advice to help the decision making? thanks!!
In my view, there's no discount large enough to justify buying a car that I won't be happy with. Particularly a car that's in the $60-80k range.

If you're leasing for only, say, three years, then maybe you could get over it. But I feel that three years is a long time, so I would take the 3% and be happy with my car.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For me it came down to the extras the Prestige offered. When paying north of $60k for a car, you should get what extras are important to you. If the P+ has everything you want, then it is the better deal. The extras on the Prestige is what moved me up to that package. The $2k becomes insignificant in the overall payments.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

The odd thing about the difference in the quoted discount is the dealer gross profit margin is the same percentage on both as it is on almost all Audis - 7% plus freight. Are these cars in inventory? If so, maybe the dealer has more P+ in stock than Prestige. Or it could be the dealer has more allocations for the P+.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The odd thing about the difference in the quoted discount is the dealer gross profit margin is the same percentage on both as it is on almost all Audis - 7% plus freight. Are these cars in inventory? If so, maybe the dealer has more P+ in stock than Prestige. Or it could be the dealer has more allocations for the P+.
Yeah you are right, the prestige inventory is short now. Other dealer I talked to didn't give me any discount on Prestige.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

They should discount them equally. The only way I could see not is if one had black optic or Tofana White as they are now sold order only so dealer inventory is soon going to be very low on them.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My advice: Get the one you want, and don't settle, even if you have to pay a bit more. We went from a P+ to a Prestige after 3 months. We'd ordered the Prestige, but needed the Q7 and couldn't wait since we had 3 long trips for which we needed a bigger vehicle than our old SQ5, so we took the P+. While it was a great car, it was lacking some of the things we really wanted, and we ultimately traded it in for the Prestige when our order arrived, and couldn't be happier than we did. Doing that certainly cost us more than 3%, but I don't regret the decision one bit.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by golfR
Which part of the country are you in?
Old 08-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by auddict
Which part of the country are you in?
California
Old 08-21-2016, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with ninja agent. If your budget will allow for it, definitely go for the Prestige. If the P+ you are looking at does not even have the Bose upgrade, at the very least I would look for a different P+ that does. The upgrade from Bose to B&O for many will have high diminishing returns, but the upgrade from the base stereo to the Bose is quite a difference. Just IMO.

Quick Reply: Need some advice- P+ 6% vs Prestige 3%