Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New guy (corrected - Audi Q7 reliability and maintenance costs

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ty Ty
Let's say you keep the car for 60 months. A regular car wash with wheel shine will probably cost $40. 60 x 40 = 2400. That's $2400 you saved!
Only if you would have those services performed that often if you had to pay for them yourself.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Florida Guy
Only if you would have those services performed that often if you had to pay for them yourself.
No, the car wash is a free service. I can bring in the car any time for a free car wash.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ty Ty
No, the car wash is a free service. I can bring in the car any time for a free car wash.
My point was that I don't currently have my car washed once a month so your calculation of my savings wasn't valid.

Over the past few days I have found myself drifting back to considering the Q7 because less expensive cars don't have everything I want.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

how about more expensive SUV?

it is a hard choice at the moment considering the offerings. the x7 is about to debut, the RRSC is getting new tech for 2017, the only one that i am about to rule out is the xc90 because it is still problematic with no resolutions in sight. the q7 appears to offer the most at similar price points or more than vehicles priced above it. i am not in love with every part of the vehicle but some of it is easily resolved or improved by modifying or customizing but at this point i think all roads point to the Q7 but i want to see the new RRSC tech in person and the x7.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
how about more expensive SUV?

the only one that i am about to rule out is the xc90 because it is still problematic with no resolutions in sight. the q7 appears to offer the most at similar price points or more than vehicles priced above it.
Prior to reading this message I was actually considering the XC90 over the Q7 because is is cheaper and I think I like the tablet style infotainment system better than the Audi. Also, the XC90 has a spare tire.

Why do you call the XC90 Problematic?
Old 10-31-2016, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Expert

because many early adopters have had several issues... i was hoping they would be resolved by now but people are still experiencing them:

XC90 (SPA: 2016 - ))

i would love a t8 but i dont think i am going to entertain it any further because of all the issues i read about.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

is ordering one, with options that i want, leave no room for negotiating the price ?
emailed a couple of dealers, they dont have options that i would like. since i am going to keep it for >5 years and drive every day, would like to have those options.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
because many early adopters have had several issues... i was hoping they would be resolved by now but people are still experiencing them:

XC90 (SPA: 2016 - ))

i would love a t8 but i dont think i am going to entertain it any further because of all the issues i read about.
At the moment I don't have time to read that entire forum that you linked to. Can you summarize the problems, and explain why you think they are greater than you would experience with any other auto?
Old 10-31-2016, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Expert

it would be wise to spend some time on your own reading the forum and making a judgement call for yourself. i do not want to appear to have a bias to a certain brand over another. i am still cross-shopping it however i am not as gung-ho as i was when i initially placed a deposit when the vehicle debuted.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by indiandevil
is ordering one, with options that i want, leave no room for negotiating the price ?
emailed a couple of dealers, they dont have options that i would like. since i am going to keep it for >5 years and drive every day, would like to have those options.
Depending on the dealers. Dealers in my area still give reasonable discount for pre-ordering. I was on the same boat trying to find the car I wanted on the lot with no luck, and ended up ordering. 4.5 months wait time to get what you really want is not bad imo.

Quick Reply: New guy (corrected - Audi Q7 reliability and maintenance costs