Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OBDEleven

Hi, just received the OBDEleven yesterday. Setup is pretty easy, just plug the device into the purple OBD port underneath the steering wheel. Pair with an Android device and that's it.

I haven't got time to play with all the available programming codes yet. However, after an initial scan, the OBDEleven reported 4 faults.

- Module 01, Engine Control Module 1, Active Grille Air Shutter "A" Stuck On
- Module 17, Dash Board, Information electronics control module 1 No Communication
- Module A5, Front Sensors Drive Assistance System, 2x predictive route data Signal error

Should I be worried about these errors? I did not see any warning lights on my dashboard and Audi's own MMI Connect app does not read any warning messages......
Old 09-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Working normal after I cleared these error codes. The only problem is I cannot get into coding for module 09. It keep showing "Check network connection" errors......

Tried some programming like needle sweep, gears display, rear door open delay. All working correct as expected. I guess this OBDEleven is going to give Ross-tech VCDS a run for its money...
Old 09-07-2016, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tzchang
Working normal after I cleared these error codes. The only problem is I cannot get into coding for module 09. It keep showing "Check network connection" errors......

Tried some programming like needle sweep, gears display, rear door open delay. All working correct as expected. I guess this OBDEleven is going to give Ross-tech VCDS a run for its money...
Thanks for sharing this.

I watched the video on https://deutscheautoparts.com/vw-aud...obdeleven.html, it mentioned what you can do with OBDEleven is based on "credits" and it comes with 11 credits to start with. So if I need to change 3 settings (i.e. needle sweep, front parking sensor, and gears display), will the 11 credits cover them? Thanks!
Old 09-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess those credits are needed only when you use apps(preinstalled modification? Q7 MkII only has 1 app, Video in Motion) or need special support from the developer. I did 3 programmings today and still showing 11 credits available...

Last edited by tzchang; 09-07-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess those credits are needed only when you need special support from the developer. I did 3 programming today and still showing 11 credits available...
Cool! Thanks!
Old 09-07-2016, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received mine today as well. 6 error codes. I thought I emailed them to myself, but the emails contain nothing. 1 error related to a knock above threshold on one of the cylinders, 1 occurence at 24km. Had a passenger door motor error. I did have one issue where the one push up/down feature did not work, but it only occurred once. A few other errors related to a communictions databus error, a suspension error and a predictive route assist error. Unfortunately you have to be connected to the car in order to reference the error codes. Once you disconnect from the bluetooth ODB, you no longer can see the errors. I did see the one single app for the video in motion was 100 credits....ouch. I somehow have 13 available. I hooked up to my 2012 A7 and only found 1 error code and tons of available apps. All in all I am pretty impressed so far, and am looking forward to doing some coding. Do you think it is okay to clear all of the error messages or should I wait and have a technician look at some of these. I have no dash light warnings so I think I should be okay.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks like I need to buy one. A friend got one for is GTI.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

For what it's worth, I took my son's long-since-abandoned Amazon Kindle Fire 6HD (4th Gen) and found instructions online that allowed me to download Google Play Store. I was then able to download OBDeleven to the Kindle. Now I'm just waiting on the unit to arrive in the mail from ShopDAP.com.

Hopefully this all works. Otherwise I'll be looking for another Android unit.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Can you post the coding?
Old 09-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The coding is the same as what you can find in the following threads.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...17-q7-2898731/

Or, you can get summaries from:

2017 Audi Q7 4M - Adaptations, Coding & Modifications

Q7 (4M) Coding
The following users liked this post:
audiperhaps1 (05-18-2020)

Quick Reply: OBDEleven