Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New ride 2019 Q7 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New ride 2019 Q7 Prestige

Hey guys,

Just got the wife a new ride she had a 2013 Q7 Prestige S-line black optics TDI. Lowered on KW V1 coilovers.
I found this really clean 1 owner lease turn in. Its a 2019 Prestige, it has everthing including the 22" 5 V wheels but it does not have the adaptive suspension. I was going to hold out for one with adaptive suspension but this thing was so clean and with just under 19,000 miles and CPO i couldn't resist.

As you can tell she has a thing for white. I tried to talk her into a Navara Blue but she was adamant on white.
Once i got it home it was time to make it stand out slightly. I installed an RS honeycomb grill. H&R lowering springs along with 8mm front and 12.5mm rear wheel spacers, painted the calipers Porsche Gaurds red in single stage automotive paint. I swaped out the chrome emblems for black also. Here are some more pictures.

The following 4 users liked this post by Allbizns:
Hertz Donut (12-06-2022), Q7 guy (11-30-2022), rip_ej1 (11-28-2022), Turboale (11-29-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 02:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Welcome and congrats!! It looks like you went out of state to grab your vehicle, eh?
The red brake calipers just pop on the white- love them. I'm also a big fan of the RS style grill as well.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!!
Old 11-28-2022, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

congrats, and tasteful mods.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by keg97
Welcome and congrats!! It looks like you went out of state to grab your vehicle, eh?
The red brake calipers just pop on the white- love them. I'm also a big fan of the RS style grill as well.
Thanks for the compliments.
Yes sir the car was just north of Miami. We decided to drive down and make a mini vacation out of it. Fuel was cheaper than plane tickets. Yes the Red calipers and RS grill were a must for the wife. I guess I created a monster
Old 11-28-2022, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Allbizns
Thanks for the compliments.
Yes sir the car was just north of Miami. We decided to drive down and make a mini vacation out of it. Fuel was cheaper than plane tickets. Yes the Red calipers and RS grill were a must for the wife. I guess I created a monster
Sounds like a keeper as far as wives go!

My wife has always had white cars and loved them. She wanted something different with the Q7 and we got the black metallic. I love it for the 10 minutes it's perfectly clean but drives me crazy otherwise. Like how does it get dirty and dusty sitting in the garage??!! We haven't hammered out colors yet but pretty sure she wants a white BMW X7 next. White is a sharp color that can really pop with some tasteful mods like you did.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by keg97
Sounds like a keeper as far as wives go!

My wife has always had white cars and loved them. She wanted something different with the Q7 and we got the black metallic. I love it for the 10 minutes it's perfectly clean but drives me crazy otherwise. Like how does it get dirty and dusty sitting in the garage??!! We haven't hammered out colors yet but pretty sure she wants a white BMW X7 next. White is a sharp color that can really pop with some tasteful mods like you did.
I completely understand. Metallic Black was also on her list because with the black optics it looks mean. But I had the same thought as you. I agree clean black looks awsome for about 10min. Then the first set of hand prints show up on the door and its down hill from there.
Yes we both agree the white just pops and catches your eye when done right.

We almost purchased a 2018 Donington gray X5M with Aragon brown interior my wife fell in love with. It was higher milage and didn't have good service records. Being more of a VAG guy and not familiar with the BMW stuff i was concerned about the reliability of that S63 V8 platform in the X5 especially the reports of rod bearings failures. I'm ok with having to do top end work and timing chains. But there was something that bothered me about having to drop the oil pan and inspect/replace rod bearings on something I would be making payments on. Plus I'm not sure either of us could behave like adults behind the wheel. That car was a blast to drive.
So we made the responsible decision and purchased the low mileage CPO Q7.
I think the X7 also looks great in the White. Along with Tanzinite blue metalic the Manhattan Green metalic is different I think I could get used to it .
Old 11-28-2022, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Allbizns
I completely understand. Metallic Black was also on her list because with the black optics it looks mean. But I had the same thought as you. I agree clean black looks awsome for about 10min. Then the first set of hand prints show up on the door and its down hill from there.
Yes we both agree the white just pops and catches your eye when done right.

We almost purchased a 2018 Donington gray X5M with Aragon brown interior my wife fell in love with. It was higher milage and didn't have good service records. Being more of a VAG guy and not familiar with the BMW stuff i was concerned about the reliability of that S63 V8 platform in the X5 especially the reports of rod bearings failures. I'm ok with having to do top end work and timing chains. But there was something that bothered me about having to drop the oil pan and inspect/replace rod bearings on something I would be making payments on. Plus I'm not sure either of us could behave like adults behind the wheel. That car was a blast to drive.
So we made the responsible decision and purchased the low mileage CPO Q7.
I think the X7 also looks great in the White. Along with Tanzinite blue metalic the Manhattan Green metalic is different I think I could get used to it .
Love that body version of X5M. The current body style is not nearly as differentiated from the regular X5.

I'd consider an APR tune on the Q7 to get that M like performance.. We've been Stage 1 for several years now and it's really the way it should arrive from the factory. It feels entirely stock (with the corresponding gas mileage) until you get on the right pedal and then it just pulls and pulls.

Like the blue on the X7 and the Carbon Black is calling my name too. Even though it's a sure trip down the OCD black highway! We both don't like the new split headlight design (MY23) so we're focused on getting a recent CPO 21/22. I still need to drive the GLS to make sure that's not a route we wanna go. No matter which one, it'll be a definite upgrade to our 151K road warrior Escalade ESV that the X7 will replace as our road trip vehicle.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts

Love what you did! Very OEM+
I'm also very jealous of your wheels. Nice find! How does you wife like the ride with the H&Rs? As fun as the X would have been I think you guys made the right decision. No history in a high milage BMW is asking for it.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Great swap and perfect mods. I had the same wheels on my wife’s ‘19 and kept them to put on her ‘22 for the summers. Brakes look great, except that ceramic decal! This is a great car…no need to pose!