Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Poll: Is Everyone Having Sunroof Noise Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No sunroof noise here. As a matter of fact NO noise at all except the clicking noise from the dvd drive which everyone has. I've also been told by my doctor that I have excellent hearing.

I'm at over 4,000 miles.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof noise

My 2017 Q7 started with the noise in 900 miles. Took it to the dealer and he said "let the weather get warmer and it will get better". As stupid as that sounds, I accepted it.

About 500 miles later, the noise was so loud that it was embarrassing when I had other people riding in my car and kept asking me if I was sure the vehicle was new. Took it to the dealer. After a week of pulling the car apart and adding tape, they couldn't fix the noise and changed the entire glass. It was fine for a few weeks and then it came back again.

After taking the car in, they said it was also from the seats. Added foam under the seats to decide if they should replace the seats as well. After asking questions about the issues at 1700 miles, dealer recommended contacting Audi USA. This is my first Audi. The vehicle overall is a huge improvement from the 2015 Q7, but looks like they can't correct the sunroof issue. I guess I should be happy that at least is not leaking like the older models. I wish I had researched more before making a $65K mistake.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2017 Q7 sunroof and headliner noise issues

Mine has been in shop 5 times and still has not stopped popping and creaking on rough roads. Maddening. Former bmw 7 series owner turned to audi- and not happy. I only have 2k mi on it

Originally Posted by Meyecul
Hi Everyone...

I am very curious if the sunroof issue being reported in another thread is happening to just a select few or the overall majority of 2017 Q7 owners? I am scheduled to take delivery of a near fully loaded 2017 Prestige in a couple days and I am getting nervous. I had several sunroof noise issues with my 2013 Q7 Prestige that were very frustrating. The thought of going through all that again turning my stomach a bit. Please Let me know your thoughts. Thanks so much!
Old 06-29-2016, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Q7 2017 noisy noisy noisy

sunroof, headliner make tons of noise. Been in shop 5 times. still not right. Can only imagine what this will be down the road.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

It's been 2 weeks since taking delivery. No sunroof noises. Fully closed, part open, fully open, rear tilt, fabric shade open/closed, no noises. I turned off the audio system and AC fans just to be sure I have a good listen, and nothing. Put it through the ringer; crappy downtown chicago roads and highways. I hear the ticking in the front center console that was described in another thread, but nothing from the roof.

Very relieved. I was worried about this from reading all the threads during the long wait since I ordered. Now my only worry is that this noise might rear its ugly head after some more miles, or once the temps get colder again. It's hot as ***** here in chicago right now. Hope not.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

6K+ miles so far - all quiet.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Fortunately have not had any sunroof noises. 3000 miles so far. Aside from the center console ticking noise which last a couple minutes after starting a drive (described by others) the car is exceptionally quiet and fun to drive.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I wish I was that fortunate. My car has been in for repair for a total of 22 days with the dealer replacing the sunroof. The car is only a month old. There is an obvious design issue here and I believe at some point a good majority will experience it. The good thing for me in eight more days I get to pursue a lemon law claim against Audi. I may be the first one in the U.S. with the Q7. For those who want the squeak to be fixed keep in mind that it is a three week fix or more.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Simon05
I wish I was that fortunate. My car has been in for repair for a total of 22 days with the dealer replacing the sunroof. The car is only a month old. There is an obvious design issue here and I believe at some point a good majority will experience it. The good thing for me in eight more days I get to pursue a lemon law claim against Audi. I may be the first one in the U.S. with the Q7. For those who want the squeak to be fixed keep in mind that it is a three week fix or more.
Simon I am with you. I will ask for a refund or replacement. Nothing really works that well. They have opened the headliner so many times in trying to fix the sunroof that it just squeaks now everywhere. When I open the sun roof there is a musty smell from the wind guard, the navigation (speak to put in destination) is a joke, and the kick release to get the trunk to open never works. If they don't do the right thing I plan on getting very organized to bring together other frustrated new owners.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may also be helpful if people Post when they took delivery. Maybe it's only early built models having the problem?

Quick Reply: Poll: Is Everyone Having Sunroof Noise Issues?