Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 Issues Experienced

Old 04-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 Issues Experienced

Hi All,

I know the Q7 hasn't been out for long but was wondering if it's all been roses or if some have experienced minor or even major issues since their time of ownership?

Thanks,

J
Old 04-10-2016, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbird07
Hi All,

I know the Q7 hasn't been out for long but was wondering if it's all been roses or if some have experienced minor or even major issues since their time of ownership?

Thanks,

J
Actually it's been out for almost a year places other than NA. The drivetrain is proven, and any of the bugs should have been worked out by now.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Default No issues

We've had our Prestige Q7 for about 700 miles and so far it's been perfect. Incredible smooth and quiet drive, with plenty of power when needed.

Love our Q7!
Old 04-10-2016, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Had the Prestige for two weeks. There must be something wrong in the fact that nothing is wrong. It's a Zen thing. Love the silent ride.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have had the Prestige for 6 weeks now. Only issue is that the entry and drive function for adjusting the seats doesn't work. If anyone know how this works it would be helpful
Old 04-11-2016, 01:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by riazah
I have had the Prestige for 6 weeks now. Only issue is that the entry and drive function for adjusting the seats doesn't work. If anyone know how this works it would be helpful
I believe that the "Easy seat entry" adjusts the steering wheel only; the steering wheel adjusts, not the seats.

See page 82 of the owners manual.

Last edited by macwm; 04-11-2016 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by macwm
I believe that the "Easy seat entry" adjusts the steering wheel only; the steering wheel adjusts, not the seats.

See page 82 of the owners manual.
Thanks. I will check it out. I don't seem to notice anything happen when I exit the car. In my other cars both steering and seat would adjust
Old 04-11-2016, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've had ours for 2 months, about 1400 miles. No real problems. Only "complaint" if you will is that sometimes Apple Car Play gets a little flaky and won't connect to Spotify (not sure if thats an Audi or an Apple issue). It can also (thru Apple Car Play) get confused if you connect, disconnect, and reconnect again - which is a consequence of the first issue (connecting, spotify not working, disconnecting and using spotify via bluetooth, and reconnecting).

The only other thing I don't like - but not sure if it was a 1 time thing or a consistent issue, is that in previous Audi's, if I was on the phone in the car and then left the car, my connection would automatically return to the phone. I've had at least two times when I've left the car and the phone disconnected the other caller rather than returning the handoff to the phone. All truly in the category of first world problems - if that.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that it remains this way!
Old 04-11-2016, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drove the Q7 for 2500 km in Italy last summer. Only fault was somekind of light failure error that appeared every time the temperature went up to around 40c and the car was in the sun. Lights still worked. Also the virtual cockpit went black a few times. Even though it crashed the navigation sound still continued. All faults were fixed with restart or waiting overnight.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On my Q7 after about 300-400 miles the sunroof panel right above the drivers head has started to click and pop when you go over bumps and road imperfections. Very annoying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q7 Issues Experienced