Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

What are items under floor panel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 12:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What are items under floor panel?

I don't have my owner's manual (left it at work), so I'll ask the knowledgeable forum: When I open the floor panel in the back of the vehicle, I see the Bose subwoofer. I also see several shrink-wrapped items that are secured in the vehicle with what look like plastic pull ties. One looks like a cylinder and there are a few other things in there as well. What the heck are they?

Also, I may be mistaken, but in the cargo area, there's a narrow, long black cloth bag secured to the metal tie down straps on the left side. I haven't had a chance to open it, but feeling the bag makes me believe the contents may be a jack. If so, why would I need a jack if I have run flat ties and no spare?

As you might tell, my mechanical skills end at writing a check for the vehicle and any subsequent service.

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My salesman told me that it comes with a Jack, he said it's junk and most just throw it in their garage or the garbage. Not sure why Audi includes it with a run flat vehicle.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
My salesman told me that it comes with a Jack, he said it's junk and most just throw it in their garage or the garbage. Not sure why Audi includes it with a run flat vehicle.
It's a no cost option that has to be ordered with the specific vehicle, otherwise it comes without. Some dealers automatically put it on the order & some don't. I placed my order early & my dealer didn't even know about it.
I ordered it with my Prestige even though I got the 21" option & don't have a spare - just on "general principles"
If I'm not mistaken, the rest of the items are a can of "flat fix", a compressor, & a tool kit. Maybe something else, I haven't looked real close.

Last edited by Cadx6; 08-25-2016 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
It's a no cost option that has to be ordered with the specific vehicle, otherwise it comes without. Some dealers automatically put it on the order & some don't. I placed my order early & my dealer didn't even know about it.
I ordered it with my Prestige even though I got the 21" option & don't have a spare - just on "general principles"
If I'm not mistaken, the rest of the items are a can of "flat fix", a compressor, & a tool kit. Maybe something else, I haven't looked real close.
Okay, thanks for the responses. Definitely won't use any of this, and the jack is constantly in the way, so I'll be throwing that in my garage this weekend.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I removed the big black foam carrier that holds the tools, etc. Then I tucked the tools, compressor, etc down on the floor of that area. This freed up a bunch of room for stashing other goodies, so now I don't miss the tray that I had in my 2013 Q7.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
I removed the big black foam carrier that holds the tools, etc. Then I tucked the tools, compressor, etc down on the floor of that area. This freed up a bunch of room for stashing other goodies, so now I don't miss the tray that I had in my 2013 Q7.
After several Escalades with absolutely no under floor storage - that tray in my 2013 Q7 was one of my favorite features. Talk about taking a step backward .
Old 08-26-2016, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
After several Escalades with absolutely no under floor storage - that tray in my 2013 Q7 was one of my favorite features. Talk about taking a step backward .
Now that I have that black foam piece removed, I find that there's actually more storage space than my 2013. It's not as "elegant" and uniform as a tray, but I fit more stuff in there now than I used to with the 2013.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I have that black foam piece removed, I find that there's actually more storage space than my 2013. It's not as "elegant" and uniform as a tray, but I fit more stuff in there now than I used to with the 2013.
so i have 21" wheels and ordered the free jack option and the jack is large and it doesnt fit in the storage spaces provided. it comes in a nice case/wrap but no place to secure it..after 3wks of it sitting in my trunk I left it in the garage.. I dont have a spare at all so whats the use of a jack with no spare...guess thats what the sos button is for..
Old 08-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That tray is one of the biggest negatives for me going from the 4L to the 4M. I had stuff packed in there for emergencies, and I just transferred the same tray from the '08 to the '11 to the '13. Alas, I could not do so to the '17. I'll have to investigate your approach, though it won't be as convenient for the '17 replacement. Thanks for mentioning this.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Seeing that tray (and all the stuff in it) on a test drive and seeing what you're all saying..........

I'm thinking to just pull everything out because the run flats can go 50 mph for 50 miles and that will most likely get me to a shop for repair.

Only once did I use that option on my Mercedes and it worked great - got me off the interstate and to a shop that could pull the bolt from my tire.

I don't think the tire slime or air compressor will do much for me.