Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Wheel Locks

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Locks

Been very excited since I got my Prestige Q7 last week. I have been taking my time learning about all the new features of the car.

Everything is pretty easy to understand so far...

One area that I did found confusing was the wheel jack accessories. After reviewing all the parts, I notice that there is a cutout on the bottom of the foam where a wheel lock key would go but it was empty. So I removed the plastic cover off the first wheel nut and no wheel lock. I removed the remaining plastic wheel nut cover and found no wheel lock.

I asked my saleswoman and she says Audi has the wheel lock on back order because they changed the design. It won't be available until the end of the year. So now I'm worry about someone swiping the wheels.

Does anyone have similiar problem?
Old 09-29-2016, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Were wheel locks listed on your window sticker as an option? They either owe you a refund or you simply did not get them. They are not standard.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, it's not on the window sticker. Not sure if they forgot to add it since mine has the Black optics option. I do see that all the Q7 without the Black optics option has the wheel locks listed on the window sticker.

I know they're not free but it's a safe feeling to know that $80 worth will prevent someone from stealing $4000 worth of wheels.

Well good news. My saleswoman just told me the wheel lock will be here mid october with no charge.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Ty Ty
No, it's not on the window sticker. Not sure if they forgot to add it since mine has the Black optics option. I do see that all the Q7 without the Black optics option has the wheel locks listed on the window sticker.

I know they're not free but it's a safe feeling to know that $80 worth will prevent someone from stealing $4000 worth of wheels.

Well good news. My saleswoman just told me the wheel lock will be here mid october with no charge.
When your dealer ordered the car, they just didn't add the option.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

They won't stop determined thieves as they already have "keys" for Audi wheel locks. It's not as if they all take a different key like door locks.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ty Ty
Been very excited since I got my Prestige Q7 last week. I have been taking my time learning about all the new features of the car.

Everything is pretty easy to understand so far...

One area that I did found confusing was the wheel jack accessories. After reviewing all the parts, I notice that there is a cutout on the bottom of the foam where a wheel lock key would go but it was empty. So I removed the plastic cover off the first wheel nut and no wheel lock. I removed the remaining plastic wheel nut cover and found no wheel lock.

I asked my saleswoman and she says Audi has the wheel lock on back order because they changed the design. It won't be available until the end of the year. So now I'm worry about someone swiping the wheels.

Does anyone have similiar problem?
Wheel locks are an optional item that you pay for, either listed on the sticker or at your parts counter.

Insofar as someone swiping your wheels, I guess it depends on where you live; if you live in the hood where car theft is rampant, you should worry. I haven't had locks on my wheels in 20 years and have owned Porsche, MB, BMW and never had an incident. (Now that I've said that, I'm looking over my shoulder