Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Where are all the OEM Accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Where are all the OEM Accessories?

Is it just me or do you think it is a little odd that the OEM accessories available here in the US for the 2017 Q7 are a bit lacking. The vehicle has been out long enough now and seems the European market has all kinds of stuff avail. The prior gen Q7 had numerous cargo protection mats / liners, a sunshade (the one noted in another thread is questionable that its truly for the Q7), 3rd row floor mats etc. etc. As far as interior stuff, pretty much all I see that are specific to the Q7 are are two kinds of floor mats for rows 1 and 2. The bulk of items shown in the official Q7 accessories brochure are universal for any Audi. Hope some things are on the horizon soon.

Its hot as a pistol in LA so a custom OEM sunshade sure would be nice. Soccer season is on the horizon for my kids and I hate to have to use a blanket to protect the cargo area from all the gear. Yes, I know weather tech makes a cargo liner, but I would like to at least have some OEM options before making a purchase. Please Audi, accessorize us!!
Old 07-28-2016, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I got the WeatherTech floor mats and cargo liner and think they are great. Better than the OEM versions I had on my 2012 Q7. (I'm not affiliated with WeatherTech or any dealer or supplier.)
Old 07-28-2016, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got the WeatherTech cargo liner too, but OEM floor mats. The Weathertech liner's material is much grippier than OEM rubber (comparing to my previous OEM liner in the 2014 Q5). They also have higher walls to contain potential liquids.

I believe the warm weather pkg includes the pull up sunscreens in the rear and rear windshield. For the actual windshield sunshade I've just been using the Covercraft I bought for the Q5. It covers enough of it to make a difference.

Someone also mentioned ceramic/crystalline tints in another thread that greatly reduces cabin temp when parked, especially the panoramic roof.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Beeg
We got the WeatherTech cargo liner too, but OEM floor mats. The Weathertech liner's material is much grippier than OEM rubber (comparing to my previous OEM liner in the 2014 Q5). They also have higher walls to contain potential liquids.

I believe the warm weather pkg includes the pull up sunscreens in the rear and rear windshield. For the actual windshield sunshade I've just been using the Covercraft I bought for the Q5. It covers enough of it to make a difference.

Someone also mentioned ceramic/crystalline tints in another thread that greatly reduces cabin temp when parked, especially the panoramic roof.
Yeah, I am probably going to try the weatherTech (I do like the second row "hump" protection, but would be nice if they had a 3rd row floor mat). Just odd to me that so little available for our Q7s from Audi (here in the US at least). I would like a folding carpeted option cargo mat like Audi had for the old Q7 though. Was great having a single cargo mat that could be used with second and third rows down.

I have the pull up window screens (included in the Prestige package) and they do help w heat. Actually this gen Q7 is much cooler inside after sitting out in 100 degree day vs. the old one. I do not see a need for ceramic tint, factory tint is excellent. Just nice for the front to have factory made sunscreen shade. I had it on my old Q7 and was great.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agree. I have always had the carpeted cargo management mat in my previous three Audis. Sad that one isn't available yet for Q7 2017. Hoping one will eventually come out. In the interim I bought a black blanket for the cargo area and a trunk organizer type of container. But the cargo management system was the best with the four corners that you could rearrange to hold whatever cargo you had. They attached like Velcro and were easily reconfigured to keep groceries from sliding around.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered the cargo privacy cover (very nice and top quality), cargo net and rear bumper protection film when I ordered the vehicle...I should have ordered the cargo mat too. I just checked with my dealer for the cargo mat and was also told it was not available yet. WeatherTech cargo mat just ordered...does anyone know if the tie down latches can be used (are there openings) with the weather tech version?
Old 07-31-2016, 09:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those tie down latches are not usable with Weathertech out of box. You will need to cut it open. Good thing is Weathertech did has these openings shaped.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tzchang
Those tie down latches are not usable with Weathertech out of box. You will need to cut it open. Good thing is Weathertech did has these openings shaped.
Thanks. Does the Audi version have the openings pre cut?
Old 08-01-2016, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Nope, you have to cut those also.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

In my Q5 and A7 the Audi mat has the cutout area marked.

Quick Reply: Where are all the OEM Accessories?