Titanium Package Wheels and Rear LED Lights

Old 05-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Titanium Package Wheels and Rear LED Lights

I am exploring the possibility of picking up an '08 A4 with Titanium package. My question is this: are the wheels any good? Anyone in the Rocky Mountain region knows it's likely you'll slide at some point in your driving forays, no matter how careful. The factory Titanium package wheels on the car I am looking at seem to have cracked on the lip, i.e. a piece is broken from the outer lip of the wheel. It's not a dramatic kind of piece, but a good 2" long by 1/4" piece of the wheel lip is missing. With the Titanium package being a (mere) $500 add on, my question is, replace the wheels? I have rubbed/bumped a curb or two in my time, but my wheels have never come away looking like a clean chunk has been removed.

Second, LED Tail lights. I have heard good and bad. I am thinking I'll avoid the ECS stuff because, quite simply, I've had really nasty luck with their plastics. The really nice looking black side indicators (set 2) I bought are now yellowish globs on the side of my car, probably put the factories back on. I have seen a nice white RS4 around in FoCo with LEDs(?) and even seen it at the dealer once or twice, but never met the owner to ask the question. Right now, it's just a thought, but an all-black car, would look nice with black lights instead of red I like the look of the Spyder lights I've seen on sites, but again reliability and faults come to mind.

Danke Schön

scott
Old 05-15-2014, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree with you from the experience of my friends with dark rims that they flake off from hitting potholes and curb rash more than polished Al Rims.

I have the RS4 you mentioned. Here are the LED tailights that I put on. They are the only ones with all LED bulbs:

Old 05-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Reggie, I will look the lights up. They look nice on the RS4. I just acquired a B7 A4 Avant with the Titanium package. The wheels are in, less than ideal condition shall we say, but it's been a mountain car its whole life, so that's understandable. I am looking at different rear tail light options primarily for style reasons, but the new LEDs are brighter and seem to last pretty well.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Expert

If you need to refinish the wheels Woodys in Denver is one of the best
Old 05-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Reggie,

I have had no response from Rwerks and their site shows no product in my car's category. Might need to keep looking around. I'll look at Woodys for the wheels.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by kidkwattro
Thanks Reggie,

I have had no response from Rwerks and their site shows no product in my car's category. Might need to keep looking around. I'll look at Woodys for the wheels.
I kind of think Rwerks quit selling them

I did a google search and found some similar ones on eBay so you might look there.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks again Reggie.
After doing some digging I found some from the DE that I might look more deeply into. They appear to be fairly well reviewed (mostly Canada, UK and DE). They're made by Dectane and look bright enough. I haven't had time to sit down and read all of the info on them but a few videos look good.
We did end up picking up the Avant, it's really clean with some minor road wear on the paint. I will not go back to Grand Junction and Elk Mountain for a car. I was underwhelmed by the service condition of the car, it appears my used car inspection was far more thorough than theirs. Also got into a bait and switch with the salesman regarding the price, pretty disappointing but the deal ended up fine.
I am still deciding on the wheels, they look fine for now, and I do like the look on this car. But I will likely end up with aftermarket wheels eventually.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Well post pictures if you get the chance
Old 06-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Reggie,

Here's the new girl Non-cell phone pics a little later, been wicked busy. Just put H&R under her and a new Borla exhaust.

https://forums.audiworld.com/g/album/1534859