RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didn't get anything
Old 10-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you in Texas or are you local to me in Orange County?
Old 10-23-2014, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
Are you in Texas or are you local to me in Orange County?
I am in texas, but i can send you my spoiler depending on the pricing, or i can send it to my cousin in OC and he can bring it to you.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:25 PM
Former Vendor

What finish were you interested in and what kind of spoiler do you have.

-Don
Old 10-25-2014, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

i have an rs7, it has the stock spoiler.

I have the vinyl I want to put on it, I will supply you with it. All I am interested in is a quote for the labor to install my 3m 1080 vinyl on my spoiler.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor

If it is the flat flap that flips up, I can wrap that without any issues.

I'll PM you now.

-Don
Old 10-30-2014, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor

In addition to vinyl wrapping, I have started offering plasti dipping services.

I did quite a bit of work on this Black Mercedes Benz E350 blutech. I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, lower chrome door pieces, and rear trunk chrome bar with my gloss black vinyl material, lightly smoked/tinted the tail lights, plasti dipped the wheels, rear badges, and front grill. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the front grill after I was done. The owner of this car came from San Diego up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work and plastidip work done on his car.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-30-2014, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got your PM, I got it done locally. Thanks anyway. The dip job looks clean, good.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor

I am not sure who asked me, but someone on this forum asked about how my tint/smoke film that I typically use on tail lights would look like if it was applied over a chrome finish, to give it a gunmetal chrome or hyper black type finish/look to it. What I did for this car is probably going to be close or similar to that as it is going to get for the moment, unless someone does come by to actually have me apply the film over their chrome pieces.

This is something different and new that I haven’t done before. I had blacked out the chrome trimming on this Lexus IS350 sedan in the past, but this time the owner of the car had me apply my tint/smoke film, which is what I normally use on the tail lights I’ve posted, to the front center emblem of the car to slightly tone it down. The pictures I took of it inside aren’t the best, since the lighting was pretty dark. However, you can still get an idea of how it looks like before/after the film was applied.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor

The owner of this black Audi A4 B8 sedan had me black out the chrome window trim on his car with my matte black vinyl material. There was a small fire somewhere after the car was done, so it caused the pictures to have a weird hue in them, so don’t mind that. Either way, I think the matte black finish over the chrome completely changed the look of the car on this black Audi. It gave the car a sporty look while still looking OEM and like it came from the factory that way. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install