RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

2017 RS7 Performance

Old 07-05-2016, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All prior cars have been black... Until my 2016 RS7 Nardo Grey...absolutely love it.. Never shows dust
Old 07-05-2016, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Preliminary plans are to do a Euro Delivery of another RS7 about Sept.2017. Hope the RS7 will be a model year 2018 with face lift from the 2016... Anybody have any idea what the 2018 might be like... And when available for a E.D.?
Old 07-06-2016, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FusionFrog1
Thanks Homer! I ordered the Sepang Blue, black sport seats with the Mercato Blue stitching, carbon twill blue inlays as a part of the Audi Design Selection Package. Black 5-double-arm design wheels, alcantara headliner, driver assistance package, B&O sound system, rear side airbags, and the all-important Audi ring LEDs that shine on the ground when you open the front doors.

I feel like a kid at Thanksgiving waiting on Christmas but feeling like its years away!
this is fantastic built!! If I was able to afford this car it will be exactly the same set up like yours!
Old 07-26-2016, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

My car finally arrived!! Came in over the weekend, and I completed the purchase yesterday. Car is still at the dealer getting some minor mods done - I should have it home tomorrow. Here are a couple of photos: (More photos later)

Old 07-27-2016, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nardo ! Love it !
Enjoy.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

can anyone who has gone from rs7 to performance model give their impressions of the differences- if any- between them?
Old 07-29-2016, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't do track or drag strip, so I can only talk about "feel". My comparison is between a '14 RS7 with 20" HRE wheels and a '16 Performance with 21 OEM wheels". I live in SoCal where weather is very mild. No performance mods to either car (except the very light weight wheels on the '14). Differences I've noticed:

1) In "comfort mode" ride is smoother in the '14, probably just the difference between 20" and 21" wheels.
2) Handling and cornering is noticeably better in all modes with the Performance. Feels flatter and more predictable.
3) "Dynamic" mode on the Performance is more aggressive than the equivalent mode on the '14. Tight downshifts and harsh ride. Definitely not for people wearing dentures.
4) CC brakes on the Performance are absolutely amazing. No fade, perfect modulation, and NO DUST. Far superior to the iron brakes on the '14.
5) Mileage of the Performance is slightly less the the '14. Same trip to work in comfort mode with the Performance is about .5 mpg less than the '14.
6) Can't say I've noticed any great improvement in acceleration. Nobody challenges these cars at stoplights anymore, so no tales to tell.
7) 4G LTE on the Performance is better than the 3G on the '14. Internet radio works better. Also, the HD radio seems to work slightly better on the '16.
8) The Performance comes with HUD, which I do like. It was an option on the '14 which I didn't order.
9) Flat bottom steering wheel on the Performance looks great and makes in/out easier.
10) Driving in "Dynamic mode" is stupid fun as long as wife is not in car.
11) The "Raise" function on the air-suspension '14 is definitely a plus if you do nutty things like drive from Los Olivos to Santa Ynez via Figuroa Mountain Road. Have to stay on-road with the Performance.

That's all I can think of right now.

Last edited by RCCurtis; 07-29-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCCurtis
1) In "comfort mode" ride is smoother in the '14, probably just the difference between 20" and 21" wheels.
2) Handling and cornering is noticeably better in all modes with the Performance. Feels flatter and more predictable.
The Performance has DRC instead of Air suspension in ur 2014, that may explain the better handling/cornering.

And this may also explain ur #1, that ur 2014 rides smoother in comfort than the performance.

Last edited by chucky0731; 07-30-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I traded my '16 RS7 21" wheels and DRC for a '17 Performance last week. I know, not the most responsible trade, for a little power, alcantara, and brakes...But I have a week of driving in it now and can share the following.

The added power is noticeable at full throttle. It not a huge increase but it's there.

The alcantara looks and feels great. The blue stitching and blue carbon accents look nice.

The brakes have more bite. The steel brakes would start to show fade at the end of track sessions. I'll know more if I take it to the track.

The dynamic steering setting seems to require less input than the '16 and feels more detached from the road. I haven't really pushed it yet so that may change at higher speeds. Maybe Audi tweaked it. I have that question into the dealer.

Also the dynamic suspension setting feels better and less harsh than before. Still stiff but not as jarring as the '16. It's almost tolerable at normal driving. Another tweak by Audi?

I drove the car pretty hard to the dealership, filled out the paperwork and drove the P within an hour so I could have a good comparison. I tried not to drive the new car too hard. Not sure if any of that helps other than what has been posted...
Old 08-07-2016, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for those comparisons between different RS7s. Interesting to read. This is my first RS7 so I don't have anything to compare it to, other than the Subaru Legacy sedan that was my previous car. Let's just say the RS7 is nicer :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 RS7 Performance