RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Interior Red Stitching

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Red Stitching

Just placed my order yesterday on a new 2016 RS7. Do any of you know how to order the red stitching as seen in these photos?

Old 03-06-2016, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like the seats and interior trim are part of the Audi Exclusive line.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looks to be the Seating & Controls packages. Seems like a waste though as it looks like they just used the stock black leather, even though you could have picked something else for the same price (about $9K total for those two options, assuming it was seating package #1, not #2).
Old 03-07-2016, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by plat27265
Looks like the seats and interior trim are part of the Audi Exclusive line.
Yes, I ordered the red stitching and it was an Audi Exclusive order. Had to get the Alcantara roof liner with it as well. If I recall, it was something like $3,700 CDN, all in.

It is an expensive upgrade, but the red stitching goes so well with all of the red trim and lighting in the car. Gives it a sportier look.

Ordered mine in October and still waiting
Old 03-08-2016, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's either a Canadian option, or they changed from when I got my car last year. Back then, you couldn't order just the contrast stitching, it had to be the full seating package (which also mandated the controls package). The headliner wasn't required.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
That's either a Canadian option, or they changed from when I got my car last year. Back then, you couldn't order just the contrast stitching, it had to be the full seating package (which also mandated the controls package). The headliner wasn't required.
Could be a Canadian thing, but I think it is also a recent change.

At first, my sales rep thought I could order just the stitching on its own ($700) but then was informed by Audi that I had to do the Alcantara.

Sometimes it can be a moving target
Old 03-10-2016, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 16RS7
Could be a Canadian thing, but I think it is also a recent change.

At first, my sales rep thought I could order just the stitching on its own ($700) but then was informed by Audi that I had to do the Alcantara.

Sometimes it can be a moving target
I know there's a stitching option for the alcantara roof that's about $700, but that doesn't include the seats or steering wheel.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for your replies. My dealer found the exact option in the pictures above but it's a $10,000 upgrade!! and they limited it to 50 cars made that way.

Another question -- My dealer just informed me that I can't order the RS7 Dynamic Package with the Carbon-optic package. That he has to do one or the other - apparently the system won't let him order it that way? His ordering system is telling him the Dynammic Package is not available with the sport exhaust (and the Black optic requires the sport exhaust). It doesn't make any sense to me. Do any of you have experience with ordering those options?
Old 03-10-2016, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by homer_simpson
Thanks for your replies. My dealer found the exact option in the pictures above but it's a $10,000 upgrade!! and they limited it to 50 cars made that way.

Another question -- My dealer just informed me that I can't order the RS7 Dynamic Package with the Carbon-optic package. That he has to do one or the other - apparently the system won't let him order it that way? His ordering system is telling him the Dynammic Package is not available with the sport exhaust (and the Black optic requires the sport exhaust). It doesn't make any sense to me. Do any of you have experience with ordering those options?
Yes...the stitchings are expensive...but its worth it if that's EXACTLY what you want.

I ordered my 2016 RS7 Sepang Blue RS7 with Audi Exclusive Interior...Lunar Silver leather/alcantera with Blue Stitching on seats, Blue stitch on Alcantera Roof-liner and blue stitch on steering Wheel and shifter. All of my friends compliments the interior.

But it really make your car standout from the crowd...something different and special.

You will most likely not get anything back when you sell it...but, its just something special to differentiate your car from the others.

My RS7 is my dream car and if that's what you want I say go all the way.

In regards to Dynamic+ Carbon Optics...I already answered that in your other thread...Mine has both so don't know why there's an issue NOW?? Unless there's another shortage in CF?
Old 03-10-2016, 10:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default You make a good point

You really made me stop and think twice about this. This will be my dream car and I may regret not having it the way I want. Did you pay the $10k for your blue stitching package or are there other packages available? Also, does it make you lose the flat-bottomed steering wheel? In the pics above it looks like a round steering wheel. (But maybe the car in the pic has the cold weather package which loses the flat-bottomed steering wheel?)

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by chucky0731
Yes...the stitchings are expensive...but its worth it if that's EXACTLY what you want.

I ordered my 2016 RS7 Sepang Blue RS7 with Audi Exclusive Interior...Lunar Silver leather/alcantera with Blue Stitching on seats, Blue stitch on Alcantera Roof-liner and blue stitch on steering Wheel and shifter. All of my friends compliments the interior.

But it really make your car standout from the crowd...something different and special.

You will most likely not get anything back when you sell it...but, its just something special to differentiate your car from the others.

My RS7 is my dream car and if that's what you want I say go all the way.

In regards to Dynamic+ Carbon Optics...I already answered that in your other thread...Mine has both so don't know why there's an issue NOW?? Unless there's another shortage in CF?

Last edited by homer_simpson; 03-10-2016 at 10:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Interior Red Stitching