RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Matte Daytona VS. Nardo

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 11:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matte Daytona VS. Nardo

I thought I made a final decision in choosing Matte Grey Daytona as my choice for ordering my new RS7, but I've recently been swayed by the Nardo. I still love the look of the Matte - it's what made me think about trading up to the RS7 from my S7 in the first place. But I'm concerned about the high level of care/maintenance that comes with the Matte. I won't always have the car garaged 24/7 and if any tree sap, bird crap, or sprinkler water gets on it, I may not be able to tend to it ASAP...

My first reaction to the Nardo was that I was underwhelmed. Looked like primer color to me. But as I look at it more, it's growing on me. A lot. I love the Carbon-Optic combo with both, but it stands out more on the Nardo. It's a unique lighter color which contrasts well with the black trim and wheels, without being white (which i simply wont do). My S7 is Daytona Pearl and although it's nice, I'm bored with it and bored with all metallic colors at this point. I think the Matte Daytona or Nardo are both unique while showing more lines of the actual car and less reflections of its surroundings.

So I'm still torn. The Matte is a bit more sexy, but the Nardo is also unique while being much more practical. Do current Matte or Nardo owners have any thoughts? Do you love your color still or do you wish you got the other instead? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave
Old 11-30-2014, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...ps41af43cf.jpg

Click on this link for your answer. Nardo is extraordinary in person! I agree with you about metallic colors. Paint colors on cars in the 50's were bright and exciting without a metallic paint job in the bunch. Colors today have become boring and limited in scope. Black, White, Silver, Gray, and some red make up 90% of all cars sold now days.

Your thoughts about Nardo looking like primer seem to have faded but matte daytona will always look wrapped to most everyone who sees it and doesn't know better. Would you be happy long term with that is what I would ask myself. Here's a thought, get the Nardo and when your desires revert to matte gray, wrap it until that wears off too.

Last edited by donaldp; 12-01-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

When I first saw Nardo I thought it was awful. I told the wife kill me if I buy a car that colour. I ended up buying it ! Fell in love with it.

Add 10 mins to all your journey times, I was stopped twice today by people commenting on how beautiful it looks. It happens everyday.