RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

New RS7 (Estoril Blue)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RS7blue
I was absolutely committed to get red. There are a good amount of them out there which is the good news. I almost bought one for sale at a dealer in New Jersey (probably still is) which is thousands of miles away from me. I was even arranging to ship the car. That's when the estoril blue RS 7 came up for sale literally 10 miles away from me. Once I saw the color, I was totally hooked. Funny, when I saw the color online I wasn't too impressed but in person, the color is amazing. By the way, sold my AMG on CraigsList. I almost went Autotrader but I decided to see what I could get with free advertising first. The guy called me day one. The deal is actually going through tomorrow so hopefully I haven't jinxed it.
Small world, the red rs7 in nj is actually one of the ones I test drove and got me thinking about getting an rs7 in the first place My co worker test drove it as well two days ago but he wasn't too impressed. So it seems like the car is still for sale and not sold yet. He seems to favor the ptts more than the rs7 due to the steering , engine sound , chassis and handling. Most people probably aren't going to purchase a red rs7 since the color is a hate it or love it decision. My friend has a Estoril blue s6 and it's stunning. The color shade changes from sunlight to fluorescent lighting. It will probably do much better when it comes to re sale. The red brake calipers probably provide a great contrast to the dark blue. It definitely makes your spec a stunner. Did you get the one from audi Bellevue? I Had my eye on that too but the asking price was too high. Good luck on the craigslist deal tomorrow. It's great to get the numbers you were looking for from both ends of the deal. In that case Your car must be very desirable to get a quick offer.
I went to another dealer earlier to look at a 2015 Daytona gray and they said the 2016 facelift will be out in display by March. So now I'm curious if audi is providing trunk money for the leftover 2014-2015 like they did with the r8 a few months before the facelift models arrive.

Last edited by saraojo; 12-17-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by saraojo
Small world, the red rs7 in nj is actually one of the ones I test drove and got me thinking about getting an rs7 in the first place My co worker test drove it as well two days ago but he wasn't too impressed. So it seems like the car is still for sale and not sold yet. He seems to favor the ptts more than the rs7 due to the steering , engine sound , chassis and handling. Most people probably aren't going to purchase a red rs7 since the color is a hate it or love it decision. My friend has a Estoril blue s6 and it's stunning. The color shade changes from sunlight to fluorescent lighting. It will probably do much better when it comes to re sale. The red brake calipers probably provide a great contrast to the dark blue. It definitely makes your spec a stunner. Did you get the one from audi Believe? I Had my eye on that too but the asking price was too high. Good luck on the craigslist deal tomorrow. It's great to get the numbers you were looking for from both ends of the deal. In that case Your car must be very desirable to get a quick offer.
I went to another dealer earlier to look at a 2015 Daytona gray and they said the 2016 facelift will be out in display by March. So now I'm curious if audi is providing trunk money for the leftover 2014-2015 like they did with the r8 a few months before the facelift models arrive.
Small world, indeed! Yes, I bought the one from Bellevue. I was literally hours away from pulling the trigger on the red one in NJ because the dealer here had a crazy markup and refused to budge much. Unfortunately, by that time I was smitten with the blue car so much it was hard to stop thinking about it. You're right, the contrast of that color with the red calipers and aluminum trim was just incredible so I gave the dealer one last shot and used the deal I was getting for that red RS 7 in NJ as leverage to get him to change his mind. He finally gave in but now I noticed he's expecting two new 2015 models so that might have had something to do with it as well.

Daytona Gray sure looks like a beautiful color. I have never actually seen one in person but it's gorgeous in the pictures. The AMG I'm selling is a similar color (but I like Audi's better) so I wanted something completely different. Red is a very hard color to sell in the Northwest. A long time ago I had another AMG, but in red, and I couldn't give it away. That's the other reason I didn't act on the NJ car. I hope you find one you really like soon. The best thing about the car is driving it.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cool. Post up some after detail pics when you can. Good luck with the amg sale as well
Old 12-19-2014, 12:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cool. Post up some after detail pics when you can. Good luck with the amg sale as well
I will hopefully post some pictures today. Thanks, the AMG sale went off without a hitch. Received in excess of $10,000 more than the best price that the dealer had offered me. My advice is to private sale your car. Can't wait to go back to the dealership and casually rub it in.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Excellent. That's what I will probably do. How does the rs7 compare to your previous Amg?
Old 12-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How does the rs7 compare to your previous Amg?
The AMG I sold was an E55 which was a real beast in its day. But time was passing it by. It was 90% as fast as the RS 7 but only 50% as comfortable and refined. Being rear-wheel drive, and living where I do in the rain, it could never get enough traction 9 months of the year. So the E55 was faster than snot in the summer but because it couldn't hook up, it had a hard time beating soccer moms in minivans across the intersection in the winter. Not so, the RS 7. It always finds traction and its always at the top of its game! Why are you looking at an RS 7 when you have an R8? One racer for the weekend and one for Costco shopping? I see you like the color white. I had an S6 in that color once. Amazing how it somehow stays looking cleaner than black. One of life's little mysteries...

Last edited by RS7blue; 12-19-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I see. Same reason why I favor awd out here in the northeast. Yea the r8 is a different car, its a different kind of fun to drive especially in manual. The chassis is stable and it handles well for its size and age, I have been driving it for over 3 years and plan to keep it longer since the next gen isnt going to be mt. The rs7 is a different beast, its brutally fast, even faster compared to the v10 r8 especially when tuned on the straight line and highway cruising. Did you have the s6 v10? Yea I'm currently in a white mood the past 3 years, when I was younger I preferred to go with blue. Maybe I'll hold off for a blue rs7 like yours.

Last edited by saraojo; 12-20-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No, I didn't have the v10. Would have loved to try that. Too bad both Audi and BMW ditched it. The R8 is a sweet car. Would love to do some mountain driving with it. By the way, back when I was calling around the country looking for good RS7s, I found a grey color one in NC at a Maserati dealer or something. I talked to the store owner and discovered that it's actually an Estoril that some crazy guy did a wrap over on. Anyway, theoretically you could remove the wrap and have your blue RS7. I passed on the car, it looks kind of pimped out. In case you can't wait any longer:

Cars for Sale: 2014 Audi RS 7 Prestige in Charlotte, NC 28217: Hatchback Details - 384432156 - AutoTrader.com
Old 12-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Haha thanks I had my eye on that too. I have yet to call them to see how cooperative they will be regarding a good deal. I did notice that the original color was blue when I looked over the carfax. Carfax is pretty awesome how you can see the "reported" history of the car. The pink looking rings look very tacky but thats an easy fix. I will contact them on Monday. The asking of $110,000 is a little high. But on the other hand not many ppl will want a weird looking matte gray Not daytona gray rs7 so it should be more negotiable in my opinion.

Last edited by saraojo; 12-20-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Haha thanks I had my eye on that too. I have yet to call them to see how cooperative they will be regarding a good deal. I did notice that the original color was blue when I looked over the carfax. Carfax is pretty awesome how you can see the "reported" history of the car. The pink looking rings look very tacky but thats an easy fix. I will contact them on Monday. The asking of $110,000 is a little high. But on the other hand not many ppl will want a weird looking matte gray Not daytona gray rs7 so it should be more negotiable in my opinion.
Yes, definitely worth pursuing. The tacky rings scared me but you're right, easy fix. If you got the car, you would have to do a time-lapse unwrapping on Youtube. Still can't believe someone covered up that beautiful color. You should be able to talk them down although when I talked to the owner he was enjoying driving it around. I hope for your sake he gets bored soon.

Quick Reply: New RS7 (Estoril Blue)