RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

No Euro delivery on RS7????

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Euro delivery on RS7????

I put a down on an RS7 yesterday. The whole process was painless and the salesman was very helpful. We discussed European delivery at length and the salesman strongly advocated using this program. Then last night I received an email from the salesman that in part said, "I just found out that the RS cars may not have a Euro delivery option". Has anyone else heard this? Is the dealer playing games? Is it financially worse for the dealership if the customer uses the Euro delivery program? The official Audi web site shows that the RS models are still available for Euro delivery.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I read that as well. Think it's in the fine print on audiusa.com where you can read about euro delivery. Strange, would think that is the best car to go get. Maybe because it's build in a different place than all the other cars?
Old 06-06-2015, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Euro Delivery back on.......

Suggested I might cancel the order and now Euro delivery scheduled for mid October. Amazing how that works.

Build to take about 4.5 months. Can't wait.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

RS cars are not eligible for any ED discounts, dealer holdbacks, incentives or anything, so the profit for the dealer is strictly sales price - invoice. In addition RS and R8 cars come out of the regular allocation for the dealers and ED is a lot of paperwork for the dealer, so most refuse to do ED for an RS.

I did ED for my RS5. Worked directly with the GM, who is a big supporter of the program. Most dealers turned me away.

Just wanted to point something out. There is no delivery of any Audi with summer tires as standard equipment between November and April. You are cutting it awfully close with a mid October delivery. If there are delays in the production or it snows early this year, you'll be out of luck.

Hope it works out for you. ED is the best way to take delivery of an RS. Nothing beats driving the snot out of these cars on the Autobahn with the obligatory visit to the Nurburgring. I stayed almost 4 weeks and drove 4000 miles. Picked up the car on a Thursday and by Monday it was broken in :-).

Last edited by superswiss; 06-11-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well ED on the RS7 was absolutely fabulous. 3700 km of adventure in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Weather was great - no snow. The fall colors were at their peak. The folks in Ingolstadt have the delivery process perfected. The vehicle is currently headed back and I hope to see it in December. I definitely would do ED again.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow. Frame that picture and hang it over the fireplace.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Clear-Bra Matte Wrap for RS7

Clear-Bra Matte wrap w/max tint

So I ended up getting the RS7 (pictured earlier in thread in Germany w/o wrap) wrapped with Clear Bra matte. Couldn't be happier. Down the road (sorry for the bad pun) I'll get it removed and revert back to brand new looking Daytona Grey Pearl RS7. Two looks for less then the price of the Audi matte grey paint job and much, much easier to maintain.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice pic and wrap... were the jambs done as well? How does it look when you open a door?
Old 02-09-2016, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks!

Not the greatest picture but to answer your question the transition between the wrapped section of the car and the original paint on the interior body is very subtle. You are dealing with surfaces at different angles which varies the reflective properties. I don't notice it at all. I did get the jambs done to tone down the glossy look and blend better with the body. For the tint I went 50% - 70% - 85% and 100%, front to back, instead of something more abrupt which was distracting to me.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that this is an old thread, but I just wanted to post this "fine print" from Audi USA for future reference:

"For eligible vehicles, customers can receive 5% off the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Audi R8 and RS vehicles are not eligible for the 5% discount but are otherwise eligible for the European Delivery program. Additional costs and charges may apply, including transportation, tax, title fees, licensing, options, accessories and dealer charges. Not redeemable for cash. Incentive paid to dealer and requires dealer participation. Dealer sets actual price. See your authorized Audi dealer for details."

Quick Reply: No Euro delivery on RS7????