RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Picking The New Girls Up Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pale Rider
Heh, funny you ask. On my R8, which are brushed dark clear P101, the center caps are the monochromatic silver gray HRE caps. On the RS7, I decided to stay with the full color "Swiss-look" HRE logo. I almost went for putting Audi center caps on the wheel, but decided they merited their real logos. And on the exempt monochromatic RS7, theU look pretty good.

How about you?
I went with the carbon fiber HRE caps, look great with carbon package. It is difficult to have Audi caps on the p series wheels because the OEM cap size is larger. It would have to be a custom cap if you wanted Audi logo. I would ultimately prefer Audi caps, but gave up trying to make them.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dropped her off at the shop Tuesday to start these "improvements":

1. HRE P104 wheels in Satin Charcoal [goes with the Daytona Matte great, and while the OEM wheels are no slouch, they don't hold a candle to these];

2. Flat-bottomed wheel courtesy of Alex at Europrice;

3. Titanium emblems courtesy of Osman & Jude at OEM-Audi;

4. Akrapovic titanium exhaust [keeping the stock single pipe tips];

5. Beltronics STi-R + ALP Laser & Radar-Mirror display;

6. Satin matte clear bra [full car, by the same guy who did my R8; we tested spots on the rocker panels and doors, and it looks very good; he recently did a beautiful Ferrari Pearl White Matte].

Here is a short clip of the work in progress:

http://youtu.be/MUICd8baI6Q

HOLY CRAP that sounds awesome!
Old 03-17-2015, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by pmarin
I went with the carbon fiber HRE caps, look great with carbon package. It is difficult to have Audi caps on the p series wheels because the OEM cap size is larger. It would have to be a custom cap if you wanted Audi logo. I would ultimately prefer Audi caps, but gave up trying to make them.
Interesting. My HRE guy offered me the Audi logo option; not sure if he was blowing smoke, or HRE just routinely offers it. Anyway, CF sounds nice, and I bet it would look good with the CF package. I might investigate that possibility, though for now, I still like that little splash of color.

KW HAS coilovers go on this week with the slightly larger Michelin PSS tires, 034 trans mount insert, and the matte side marker covers. Almost done.

Last edited by Pale Rider; 03-17-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Where does one get this rear caliper cover?!??!!?!?

Old 03-23-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by martz
Where does one get this rear caliper cover?!??!!?!?
Part of the DRC package. In its own way, it's a bit funky having different front and rear calipers [due to the electronic parking brake, I am told], but she looks good, and they look way better through the HRE wheels.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Part of the DRC package. In its own way, it's a bit funky having different front and rear calipers [due to the electronic parking brake, I am told], but she looks good, and they look way better through the HRE wheels.
I'm from Australia and ordered my RS7 with DRC package but my rear calipers look like this (****):

Old 04-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Banned

I love the finish on your car too. And, the Akro exhaust is nice. I got that for my street bike and the fit and finish was top notch. It's one of the best brands you can get for bikes.
Audi put out a R8 matte paint care kit for what was then the newly released Suzuka gray metallic. I haven't seen anything since related to care for this special paint. You may have a list of items from a detailer already. I will list the Audi kit contents for you, all are Meguiar's products:
meguiars wash G17748
microfiber wash mitt x3002
Arnold (in this case that's the brand name on this item) water sprite AR10130
ultimate quick detailer g14422
ultimate wiper m9910
hot rims wheel cleaner g9524
Ultimate g17516 (protection product)
ultimate wiper m9910
clay kit g1016 or bar g1001m
ultimate wiper m9910
even coat microfiber pad x3080

Anyway, congrats on your ride!

Last edited by Jeff-AudiUSAParts; 04-02-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jeff-AudiUSAParts
I love the finish on your car too. And, the Akro exhaust is nice. I got that for my street bike and the fit and finish was top notch. It's one of the best brands you can get for bikes.
Audi put out a R8 matte paint care kit for what was then the newly released Suzuka gray metallic. I haven't seen anything since related to care for this special paint. You may have a list of items from a detailer already. I will list the Audi kit contents for you, all are Meguiar's products:
meguiars wash G17748
microfiber wash mitt x3002
Arnold (in this case that's the brand name on this item) water sprite AR10130
ultimate quick detailer g14422
ultimate wiper m9910
hot rims wheel cleaner g9524
Ultimate g17516 (protection product)
ultimate wiper m9910
clay kit g1016 or bar g1001m
ultimate wiper m9910
even coat microfiber pad x3080

Anyway, congrats on your ride!
Jeff:

Thanks for this info. Some of those items I already had in my garage for my previous cars, and I would not want to use on a matte paint. Would never use clay, of course, and I note that while Suzuka has some flat tonal properties, I believe it is actually a metallic paint. I stopped using most Meguiar's products a few years ago. On my R8, which is Daytona Pearl, I use almost exclusively Zaino products. Their protection and gloss are amazing. Anyway, I have several SwissVax, Dr. Beazley's, and Chemical Guys cleaning & care products for the matte. Overall, I like the CG stuff the best. I have a nano type coating from Germany called Permanon Super Matte that, as soon as I can get a full cleaning session done, I am going to apply. Am also going to get some of this and try it in the future.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by martz
I'm from Australia and ordered my RS7 with DRC package but my rear calipers look like this (****):

<pictures snipped>
Martz, not sure what the explanation might be, but I just checked my car order records, and there is no designation of caliper color. Just the DRC package.