RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

questions for rs7 owners :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions for rs7 owners :)

Hey guys,
I am in the market for a CPO RS7 right now, and I had a couple questions for the owners of the car. I would really appreciate any honest feedback!

1) What is your opinion on the car? Any regrets? Would you choose something else given the chance?
2) Have you had any persistent or major issues with the car?
3) Is the car comfortable to drive for semi long (sometimes 200-300 miles) at a time?
4) Any must have options or colors? (I really like the panther black crystal and the nardo grey)
5) Anything I should know or consider before I get myself into this as far as complaints about the car?

Thanks guys!
Old 08-31-2014, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nabizzy
Hey guys,
I am in the market for a CPO RS7 right now, and I had a couple questions for the owners of the car. I would really appreciate any honest feedback!

1) What is your opinion on the car? Any regrets? Would you choose something else given the chance?
3) Is the car comfortable to drive for semi long (sometimes 200-300 miles) at a time?
4) Any must have options or colors? (I really like the panther black crystal and the nardo grey)
5) Anything I should know or consider before I get myself into this as far as complaints about the car?

Thanks guys!
1. I never looked at another car. I upgraded from an A7. Everyone said take a look at other makes but I fell in love with the RS immediately.
2. Had the car for 3 months no issues.
3. Very comfortable in my opinion.
4. Nardo all the way !
5. Prepare for speeding tickets.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks guys!
No regrets -

Placed 1500 miles without any problems. Have the sport seats and the seats are as comfortable as my Porsche 911 but not as comfortable as my Mercedes S550.

I have both the E63 S AMG and the RS7 and I think the RS7 is more fun and engaging to drive....By the way, love the Panther Black!!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LeicaNut
No regrets -

Placed 1500 miles without any problems. Have the sport seats and the seats are as comfortable as my Porsche 911 but not as comfortable as my Mercedes S550.

I have both the E63 S AMG and the RS7 and I think the RS7 is more fun and engaging to drive....By the way, love the Panther Black!!
absolutely gorgeous
Old 08-31-2014, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by simonaitch
1. I never looked at another car. I upgraded from an A7. Everyone said take a look at other makes but I fell in love with the RS immediately.
2. Had the car for 3 months no issues.
3. Very comfortable in my opinion.
4. Nardo all the way !
5. Prepare for speeding tickets.
I am in an A8 right now and looking to upgrade, i cross shopped panamera but i just hate the people who work at porsche here...all but one come across as jerks
Old 09-04-2014, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

I originally planned on an E63 S model, but couldn't order the full-contour seat on the passenger side. That got me looking at the RS7. Absolutely no regrets. 12000 miles with no problems. Long trips are a joy with the full-contour seats and dynamic cruise.

The only gripes I have are not really unique to the RS7. Lots of brake dust, but that's probably typical of all high performance sedans. Maybe ceramic brakes is a solution. Also there's no spare tire, but that's easily fixed on the RS7.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks guys!
1) Absolutely not. The more I drive it, the more I love it. The only other car I'd choose in an RS6 -- but it's not available in the US...

2) No persistent problems. Strangely, a major piece of my B&O stereo had to be replaced -- the tweeters stopped rising and the subwoofer was silent. (Guess that's what you call a "first world problem").

3) It's staggeringly comfortable to drive long distances, esp. with the adaptive cruise control and the comfort seats (w/massage!). Last week I did two 450-mile road trips -- zero fatigue. I found the A7 a really comfortable distance driver, but the RS7 is in another league. BTW, I get 27-29mpg on highway trips!

4) Colors. I have pearl Daytona Gray. It was a safe choice when I ordered (early, when there were no cars to look at), but now that I've seen Nardo gray and Estoril Blue in the flesh, I'd pick one of those over the Daytona Gray. Haven't seen a black one.

Options:

Innovation package is a must-have because of the adaptive cruise control. Once you have it there's no going back (I can't believe the Tesla S doesn't have ACC!). I also really like my HUD (though I don't see this listed now?)

21' wheels. Must have. The ride is just right with the Adaptive Air Suspension.

I like my comfort seats, but I've never sat in the regular ones, maybe optional.

B&O -- if you're a music lover. I am. I had it in my A7 and can't go back to the BOSE.

Sport exhaust. I really, really regret not getting this. What was I thinking? Do it!

Matte Alu Optic. I think this depends on the color. If Estorial Blue, then definitely yes. Nardo gray, no.

Night vision. I'd say no, unless perhaps you do a lot of night driving in cities, then maybe it's worth is as a pedestrian detection system (which works!). I wish I could get a deer-detection system instead...

Power soft-closing doors. About once a month I'm really glad I have them.

Inlays. I have Aluminum Race inlays and really, really like them (I'm not a carbon fibre person). I posted a photo of them a while back.

DRC. I'd need to drive a car with it before I could make that call. I would be worried about ride harshness.

5) Complaints. I hate, hate, hate the lame steering wheel. One day soon I'm replacing it with the flat-bottomed sport wheel that even the SQ5 has. Otherwise, it's perfection on wheels!

Hope this helps.

muski
Old 09-05-2014, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by muski
1) Absolutely not. The more I drive it, the more I love it. The only other car I'd choose in an RS6 -- but it's not available in the US...

2) No persistent problems. Strangely, a major piece of my B&O stereo had to be replaced -- the tweeters stopped rising and the subwoofer was silent. (Guess that's what you call a "first world problem").

3) It's staggeringly comfortable to drive long distances, esp. with the adaptive cruise control and the comfort seats (w/massage!). Last week I did two 450-mile road trips -- zero fatigue. I found the A7 a really comfortable distance driver, but the RS7 is in another league. BTW, I get 27-29mpg on highway trips!

4) Colors. I have pearl Daytona Gray. It was a safe choice when I ordered (early, when there were no cars to look at), but now that I've seen Nardo gray and Estoril Blue in the flesh, I'd pick one of those over the Daytona Gray. Haven't seen a black one.

Options:

Innovation package is a must-have because of the adaptive cruise control. Once you have it there's no going back (I can't believe the Tesla S doesn't have ACC!). I also really like my HUD (though I don't see this listed now?)

21' wheels. Must have. The ride is just right with the Adaptive Air Suspension.

I like my comfort seats, but I've never sat in the regular ones, maybe optional.

B&O -- if you're a music lover. I am. I had it in my A7 and can't go back to the BOSE.

Sport exhaust. I really, really regret not getting this. What was I thinking? Do it!

Matte Alu Optic. I think this depends on the color. If Estorial Blue, then definitely yes. Nardo gray, no.

Night vision. I'd say no, unless perhaps you do a lot of night driving in cities, then maybe it's worth is as a pedestrian detection system (which works!). I wish I could get a deer-detection system instead...

Power soft-closing doors. About once a month I'm really glad I have them.

Inlays. I have Aluminum Race inlays and really, really like them (I'm not a carbon fibre person). I posted a photo of them a while back.

DRC. I'd need to drive a car with it before I could make that call. I would be worried about ride harshness.

5) Complaints. I hate, hate, hate the lame steering wheel. One day soon I'm replacing it with the flat-bottomed sport wheel that even the SQ5 has. Otherwise, it's perfection on wheels!

Hope this helps.

muski
Great info! I really appreciate you guys taking the time out of your days to write this stuff for me! It is all very helpful
Old 09-08-2014, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

So the used ones I was looking at have sold/the offers I made have been declined. Then I realized something. For a new one with all fees and everything I would be paying about 118K, and for the used/cpo i would be paying something like 114-117 depending on how far the car is and such factors.

So, my question to answer now is, is it worth the extra 1-4K to just buy it brand new and get it exactly how I want it?

Leaning towards yes, but would be interesting to hear opinions too.

Options I want currently are : Driver assistance, power closing doors, sports exhaust, and the blade wheels (i think i want these...not sure though...wouldnt 21in wheels make ride worse?)

I am still on the fence about the matte aluminum optic package...anyone have an opinion on this?

Thanks guys!
Old 09-09-2014, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I noticed on fleabay that a nearly-new RS7 with about 1200 miles on it was listed for all practical purposes at a near-new price, with no appreciable markdown for any depreciation. I found that odd, but maybe there is something here at work I don't understand.

But the answer to your question seems obvious to me. The opportunity to get exactly what you want without someone else's butt creases in it seems the obvious choice at that nearly non-existent price differential.

So the used ones I was looking at have sold/the offers I made have been declined. Then I realized something. For a new one with all fees and everything I would be paying about 118K, and for the used/cpo i would be paying something like 114-117 depending on how far the car is and such factors.

So, my question to answer now is, is it worth the extra 1-4K to just buy it brand new and get it exactly how I want it?

Leaning towards yes, but would be interesting to hear opinions too.

Options I want currently are : Driver assistance, power closing doors, sports exhaust, and the blade wheels (i think i want these...not sure though...wouldnt 21in wheels make ride worse?)

I am still on the fence about the matte aluminum optic package...anyone have an opinion on this?

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: questions for rs7 owners :)