RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Configuration Guide for RS7?

Old 05-18-2014, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Configuration Guide for RS7?

I was an AW member back in the early "ought zeros", when I had a 2001 S4. I've gone on to other cars since then and forgot my credentials so just re-registered.

Anyhow, I'm about ready to sell my 2011 BMW 550ix and am looking around for a replacement. Among the BMWs, MBs and Porsches I'm looking at I'm also considering coming back to Audi for an S7 or, perhaps, an RS7. My local dealer has NO S7s and one RS7 (Panther Black, Optic, etc. for 130K) which he claims was ordered for a customer who didn't pick it up. Unfortunately, I can't test drive it and, while I'm not too bright, I'm not dumb enough to order a 100K+ car without driving one first.

I've toyed with configuring those cars on the Audi site but I've read threads here about options I don't see on that site (e.g. "Dynamic Package" for the RS7). I know I'm generally kept "out of the loop" on things but is there a configuration/pricing guide for the RS7 and/or S7 somewhere on this site, or on the web? I'd like to get an idea of the pricing ranges with options I'd want before I go search for an RS7 (and/or S7) to test.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nlk10010
I was an AW member back in the early "ought zeros", when I had a 2001 S4. I've gone on to other cars since then and forgot my credentials so just re-registered.

Anyhow, I'm about ready to sell my 2011 BMW 550ix and am looking around for a replacement. Among the BMWs, MBs and Porsches I'm looking at I'm also considering coming back to Audi for an S7 or, perhaps, an RS7. My local dealer has NO S7s and one RS7 (Panther Black, Optic, etc. for 130K) which he claims was ordered for a customer who didn't pick it up. Unfortunately, I can't test drive it and, while I'm not too bright, I'm not dumb enough to order a 100K+ car without driving one first.

I've toyed with configuring those cars on the Audi site but I've read threads here about options I don't see on that site (e.g. "Dynamic Package" for the RS7). I know I'm generally kept "out of the loop" on things but is there a configuration/pricing guide for the RS7 and/or S7 somewhere on this site, or on the web? I'd like to get an idea of the pricing ranges with options I'd want before I go search for an RS7 (and/or S7) to test.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Here's the 2015 Order Guide. Prices haven't been released yet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2015 Audi Order Guide copy.pdf (1.95 MB, 215 views)
Old 05-18-2014, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, what service.

Thanks much.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nlk10010
Wow, what service.

Thanks much.

De nada. I should have added that the reason you couldn't try certain configurations is that, for example, the Dynamic Package, is a 2015 option, while the online Configurator is still set up for 2014.

The prevailing wisdom around these parts is that pricing should be announce in the next couple weeks.

Enjoy.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jatp
De nada. I should have added that the reason you couldn't try certain configurations is that, for example, the Dynamic Package, is a 2015 option, while the online Configurator is still set up for 2014.

The prevailing wisdom around these parts is that pricing should be announce in the next couple weeks.

Enjoy.
Ahhh, the website's behind, eh? Okee-dokee. Thanks.

Anyway, a quick look at the PDF rules out the Dynamic Package, as wifey demands the Carbon Optic package which (for a reason I cannot fathom but then again I'm no expert) appears incompatible with it. Actually, if I REALLY wanted the DP she'd probably forego blacked out window trim but it's the least I can do for someone who says: "Buy whatever car you want as long as I get to pick the color".

She's lucky insurance on a Tesla is so expensive or there'd be one sitting next to the outlet in my garage right now!