RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Old 04-01-2014, 08:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a previous car that I had worked on. The owner of this white VW Golf R sedan had me vinyl wrap his roof in the 3M matte carbon fiber vinyl about a year. He came back because he wanted me to wrap his side window pillars and mirrors in the same 3M matte carbon fiber material. Note - Typically it is not practical or possible to wrap mirrors, due to their shape/curves, but it worked out in this case due to the design of the mirrors on this car. Most mirrors that you see wrapped in pictures are either done in multiple pieces or only show how it looks like right after it is wrapped, which doesn’t show how it holds up over time.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor

The owner of this car was from Irvine as well and brought their car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have me vinyl wrap their brand new white Lexus IS350 sedan. I did the roof in my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to the roof, I also did the body line in the rear right under the tail light in the same gloss black as well as right under the front head light, between the headlight and turn signal in the bumper, with gloss black as well. It was interesting doing something different/custom on this car, although it may not be most people’s style.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor

I am considering doing a group buy on tinted/smoked tail lights. If I can get around 5-10 people together, I can give a group discount. If you’re interested in this, e-mail me directly at donathon@gmail.com

This brand new white Mercedes C250 sedan came in to have me wrap his roof in my gloss black vinyl material and also tint/smoke his tail lights. I took several comparison pictures of the tail lights before/during/after and inside/outside, to show you guys the progress and how it looks like in different lighting. The owner of this car brought his car in to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger/right side stock:

Both sides tinted/smoked:

Stock/untinted:

Smoked/tinted:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor

Just to clarify for those who are interested, the tail light tinting group buy is going to only be available for locals. If you’re interested in this, the group buy list is still active, e-mail me directly at donathon@gmail.com to be added.

The owner of this white Porsche Cayenne S SUV came by to have me black out his brushed aluminum window trim, vertical side pillars, lower door inserts, and rear bumper bar all in my gloss black vinyl material. We went with gloss black for this car to have it match the darker window tint on the car. I believe the owner of this car was from Los Angeles county and came out to me in Orange county to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-14-2014, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor

For this black Mercedes ML350 diesel, I vinyl wrapped the rear chrome bumper trim pieces with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish vinyl. The owner of this car has actually brought in his car before for me to black out the other chrome pieces that were on the car before (ski racks, front bumper, window trim, etc), but we went with gloss black for those other parts. This time around, we went with the carbon to give it some contrast and do something a little different. The owner of this car was in Irvine and brought the car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Hopefully this will give you guys some ideas on other possible parts on a car that can be wrapped. If you have any questions, feel free to ask/let me know.

Before:

Note - top left small piece is still chrome, but the top right small piece is wrapped, to show the difference.

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor

I previously blacked out the window trim and tinted the red portion of the tail lights on this BMW E61 5 series wagon. This time he came back to have me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. I did the entire roof and the small top section of the rear spoiler, following the lines of the roof. The owner of this car was from Newport and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. This was a big roof to do, and I haven’t done many wagons, so this will help other wagon owners get an idea of how it looks like on such a long car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor

The owner of this white Mercedes C63 AMG coupe had me tint the tail lights on his car with my light tint/smoke film. I had previously blacked out his chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my gloss black vinyl material. With the darker colored theme that the owner of this car was going for, I think the tail lights added a nice subtle touch. I only use one shade, and this is the same shade that you see in all of my pictures. Some times it may appear darker on whiter/lighter colored cars compared to darker/black cars, but that’s because of the contrast difference that makes it appear that way. The owner of this car was in Newport Beach and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-24-2014, 07:57 AM
Former Vendor

I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on this black Lexus IS sedan. This car had window visors installed on the windows, but I was able to work around them without any issues. The owner of this car had me go with gloss black for the chrome window trim, so that it’d blend in with the car more. They drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. There wasn’t much chrome on the car to begin with, so blacking out the chrome window trim changed the look of the car quite a bit.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor

For this black Lexus GS350 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the chrome/brushed aluminum trim around his windows, rear chrome trunk bar and front chrome grill surround in my gloss black vinyl material. We went with gloss black over matte black to have the trim pieces blend in with the rest of the black paint better. The owner of this car was from Orange County as well and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work. Getting rid of all of the chrome really cleans up the lines of the car quite a bit.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Former Vendor

On this white Mercedes Benz E350 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof of the car with my gloss black vinyl and also blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with the same gloss black finish. I had some requests to post pictures of cars with roof spoilers that were left white, so here’s an example of a car that had the roof vinyl wrapped gloss black but left the roof spoiler body colored. In addition the the chrome around the window trim, I also blacked out the rear trunk chrome bar. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install