RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Anyone using Dice ipod interface in their '07 RS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too sure that is 4GB per slot for 8GB total correct?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RS4bro
Too sure that is 4GB per slot for 8GB total correct?
You can use 4GB cards, but the unit won't read more than about 400 files off each card. Seeing as you can easily fit ~400 songs on a 2GB card (@192 kbps) there really isn't much point in using 4GB cards. Also note, that the unit does NOT support the newer SDHC cards.

My only complaint about using the SD cards is that it can take a while for the unit to read the cards if they contain a lot of songs, but I still use them on a daily basis.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:54 AM
EJO
AudiWorld Newcomer

All, thanks for the feedback re the SD card option...I had all but forgotten about that. Honestly, I had an iPod interface in my e46 M and got spoiled with it, so will ultimately go that route with the RS, whether it be the Dice or Alpine unit.

Chazaki - I'll PM you, interested in a few more details on the Alpine option

-E
Old 05-15-2010, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was wondering how that Alpine solution works if you change over to Navigation, does the iPod music keep playing? Looks like an interesting setup
Old 05-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by victor_smithe
I was wondering how that Alpine solution works if you change over to Navigation, does the iPod music keep playing? Looks like an interesting setup
Music continues to play no matter what menu you are at (such as the Nav screen). Only problem is when you get a phonecall through bluetooth, unlike the CD player that pauses the music, with the Alpine unit the music still plays unless you pause it. Other than that the unit works flawlessly, allows you to play music and videos on your ipod on your nav screen. Also you are able to create playlists from the Alpine interface right in your car. Finally, the unit comes with a very handy remote control so picking your music while driving is incredibly easy. Hope this helps

~Chazaki
(P.S. if you have any further questions feel free to PM me, I put the unit in my car about a year ago)
Old 05-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I apologize for back to back posts but I need to clarify. When you get a phone call, no music comes through the speakers, only the phone call, however the music on the iPod is still playing (though you cant hear it). When the call ends the music returns and is still playing.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Not sure you can find 4 GB non SDHC cards - searched for them last year

Last edited by Reggie; 05-15-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

took me a while to find a link, but here it is for anyone that's interested in the Alpine unit with the Kufatec video interface:

http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_pa...oducts_id=1028

-mikeC
Old 06-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default problem finding an ACC connection

Originally Posted by Chazaki
I apologize its the Alpine KCE 425i, I put the wrong number by mistake. No wonder it was so difficult for you. It comes with an easy to read DIY manual and while it wasnt easy and took a good number of hours to install (ensuring that nothing gets scratched of course), it was well worth the effort.
hey Chazaki,

i spent about 6 hours yesterday trying to put this thing into my car. everything seems to work, but i can't find an ACC connection for the Alpine unit (yellow wire that connects to switched power). i tested it by jumping the constant power line yellow wire, but i didn't leave it connected since the KCE425 and the iPod would run continuously.

how did you hook up ACC for the Alpine unit? even in the harness for the radio, there doesn't seem to be a switched power line.

i'm guessing that most of the devices in the car come alive once the CAN bus goes live, but i would have expected an ACC line in there SOMEWHERE.

for anyone - if you can let me know how to find a switched power source, that would be huge. even my V1 is wired to a constant power line, which is a pretty lame way of wiring stuff in this car.

thanks.
-mikeC

ps: i now have a Dice Link iPod adapter for sale if anyone wants it.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

This sounds Great! I'm a new 2007 RS4 owner(only 3 days) I was wondering does this work on iPhone4? If so great! I am assuming you did you install yourself..I would prefer to take it to a stereo shop to install....Thanks! This is AWESOME

Quick Reply: Anyone using Dice ipod interface in their '07 RS?