RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Potentially Picking up an 07 RS4 Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled the wheels yesterday and couldn't find much of anything as far as signs of rubbing.

I'm not sure what you're able to view on your computer but here are pics and video,

Front Passenger Outisde - Album on Imgur

Those are the pics of the tires, nothing really stands out. Pic #0 and #3 make me think it's just rubbing the fender liner.

Video of inside the passenger wheel well-

Drivers wheel well-

I'm at a loss,

The only thing I can think of at this point is to put small rolls of tape or some plastic wrap and vaseline on the wheel and jack up all the corners but one to see if I can lift it enough to get it to touch.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Starting a few days ago I got an error linked to the self adjusting headlights.

It was wet out and I had that error once before and it never came back on after I cycled the power so I didn't think anything of it.

That is until this started happening,

It's all of the lights, headlights, interior, even the NAV colors will adjust. It's like the whole lighting system is cycling off and on. I noticed while this was happening the windshield wipers also pause momentarily. It also happens no matter if the lights are in auto or manually on.

I tried pulling the codes and it was something about the auto levelers not having a baseline essentially. I pulled the diagnostics up and both of the sensors in the wheel well are not sending any info.

I read that you can pull the fuse for that system (fuse 10) and it will kind of put a bandaid on the problem, so I tried that and got no more error code but the lights are still flashing.

Any thoughts of places to start when I try and do some troubleshooting this weekend?

Cheers,

~Mic
Old 12-03-2015, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by micmckee
Starting a few days ago I got an error linked to the self adjusting headlights.

It was wet out and I had that error once before and it never came back on after I cycled the power so I didn't think anything of it.

That is until this started happening,

Headlight/interior light flickering - YouTube

It's all of the lights, headlights, interior, even the NAV colors will adjust. It's like the whole lighting system is cycling off and on. I noticed while this was happening the windshield wipers also pause momentarily. It also happens no matter if the lights are in auto or manually on.

I tried pulling the codes and it was something about the auto levelers not having a baseline essentially. I pulled the diagnostics up and both of the sensors in the wheel well are not sending any info.

I read that you can pull the fuse for that system (fuse 10) and it will kind of put a bandaid on the problem, so I tried that and got no more error code but the lights are still flashing.

Any thoughts of places to start when I try and do some troubleshooting this weekend?

Cheers,

~Mic
You should start a new thread so your posting get noticed.

I am wondering how old your battery is???
Old 12-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
You should start a new thread so your posting get noticed.

I am wondering how old your battery is???
You're probably right, will start a new thread!

Um at least 2 years, not 100% sure I'd have to go through the previous owners service records. I haven't had any other battery related issues.

This also seems more like something cycling more than something dimming/fading out.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:53 AM
MTN
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by G35Dalf
Of all the known issues, none were a show stopper for me personally. The RS4 is a great car. I would check the history of the car carefully though since any mistreatment could be expensive down the road. I would also have it checked by a reliable and knowledgeable Audi tech.

GL - hope it works out for you.
+1 I have put close to 50K miles on mine and have been happy with its reliability. However, the car was well cared for by the previous owner. It's been a great car so far. good luck with the purchase.