RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 Throttle Body is the exact same part as a C6 Corvette Z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No. That won't work. Wrong application.

Porting the TB is the way to make more hp along with a calibrated tune.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

You'll know where to buy throttle bodies when you're off warrentee!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Please forgive me if bumping such an old thread is bad etiquette, but has anyone tried this? I've been throwing codes for the throttle body as of late, and would love to find a cheap way out of this.

There's a small, yet persistent part of me that thinks the big price difference means that something about the two has to be different somehow.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mattshaver
Please forgive me if bumping such an old thread is bad etiquette, but has anyone tried this? I've been throwing codes for the throttle body as of late, and would love to find a cheap way out of this.

There's a small, yet persistent part of me that thinks the big price difference means that something about the two has to be different somehow.
And if you do the mod remember that speaker sold out of white vans really are selling B&W speakers.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I ended up with a Cardone remanufactured unit. Turns out the throttle bodies are indeed the same. They are manufactured in Germany by a company called Pierburg. If you go to Rockauto.com and search for 67-3003, you should be able to find it for about $220.

If you do go the Z06 route (which I cannot vouch for, but should theoretically work), be sure to get one with the silver throttle blade. They made a revision for MY09 (I think) where they changed the throttle blade to a bronze color, and the blade also opens in the opposite direction.

The Cardone unit is working fine on my car, and the shop that installed it tested it on another RS4 before installing it on mine.

I don't know how the part will be in terms of quality, reliability, but so far (fingers crossed) at $220 versus $1200-1400, I'm willing to go the cheaper route. Hope this helps anyone having throttle body issues!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
And if you do the mod remember that speaker sold out of white vans really are selling B&W speakers.
I'm embarrassed to say that it took me a whole week to get that joke
Old 09-09-2015, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Yeah, I saw something similar last week. The Infiniti dealer needs $800 for a throttle body for their V6 engine. The exact same part (Hitachi, OE) is $156 on Rockauto
Old 03-26-2016, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Sorry for the bump... just wanted to add another confirmation.

I have a 2008 RS4 (B7) with around 115k miles. At around 100k miles, the car would occasionally go into limp home mode. Super lame. Performance drops off dramatically and you can't get the car above ~ 3.5k RPM. This limp home more would reset after the car was turned off and back on again. Reading off the error codes, it was a TPS fault.

Called Audi, apparently the sensor is part of the throttle body and requires a replacement of the throttle body as well. Cost w/ labor ~ $1800. Shopped around, sure the dealer was the highest price, but the part was still ~ $1000.

Came across this site and it seemed a bit too good to be true. I order the Z06 part off of ebay ( $275 ), and kept my fingers crossed....

Well what do you know. It's an exact fit. At initial startup the car idled rough but this self corrected within 60 seconds. It's possible I have to "retrain idle". Maybe the ECU did this on it's own at first start... or maybe this requires ECU software.

Anyways, I'm posting this as another confirmation this really works.

Here's a picture of the part. You can search for 67-3003 and find parts on ebay as well as other autopart sites.

67-3003 Throttle Body
Old 03-27-2016, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for posting. Pretty amazing the two parts are interchangeable, considering the big displacement difference.
Old 01-15-2022, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Can you still advise after so long????

HI - AS I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING TO REPLACE THE THROTTLE BODY ON MY 2006/2007 B7 RS4.......... I CAME ACROSS YOUR BELOW POST SERCHING MR GOOGLE!!
YOU ARE CORRECT........ AUDI OEM PRICING IS JUST PRICE GOUGING!

DID YOU END UP GOING AHEAD AND FITTING THIS GM CORVETTE TB TO YOUR RS4 - AND IF SO, DID IT COME COMPLETE WITH ALL PARTS TO JUST BOLT STRAIGHT ON.... AND DID IT 'WORK' AS IS SHOULD - AND/OR ANY ISSUES ???
ALSO - CAN YOU ADVISE WHAT WAS THE PART NUMBER?
AND - WHERE DID YOU PURCHASE IT FROM IN THE US??? (DO YOU HAVE NAME/EMAIL ADDRESS OF THIS COMPANY?)
I'M IN AUSTRALIA - SO HAPPY TO BUY AND SHIP FROM THE US IF I KNOW WHERE TO ORDER/BUY FROM!
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ASSISTANCE YOU - OR ANYONE ELSE IN THE AUDI COMMUNITY - CAN OFFER ADVICE.
CHEERS...........PETER

Originally Posted by IbisRS4
While I was washing my car in a friend's autobody shop a corvette tuner who was taking a break from running a vette on the dyno asked me to pop my hood....

He immediately left the front of the car and walked towards a box in the other ocrner of the shop and pulled out a GM throttle body that had just come off of a C6 Z06.

The part is bored to be larger than that of a standard C6 and upon inspection the RS4 has the exact same part. Very weird.

Even funnier is the fact that the retail price on the GM part is $106 while the Audi part is $995 and they are plug and play.

Quick Reply: RS4 Throttle Body is the exact same part as a C6 Corvette Z06