S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Price advice needed : )

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price advice needed : )

Hi All!

I'm hoping to get some input and advice on making an offer on a car I'm considering. There may be some discrepancy as to
what the car is worth as far as the bank/NADA/KBB says and what the seller is asking, so I am trying to make a fair and educated offer.

The car in question is a 2007 S4 Avant, 6-spd. 104K miles, overall good shape. Not outstanding, but good.
Service records are pretty complete, clean title, but it's had at least 4 owners. It has had the 105K service, but no work/updates
as far as the timing chain tensioners.

It drives well, no obvious clutch issues.

I know it's somewhat of a unicorn, but I need to keep it realistic. Let me know what you party people think! I may be joining your ranks
(with dual citizenship in the land of B5 S4).

Cheers!
Old 11-25-2015, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by b1rdflu
Hi All!

I'm hoping to get some input and advice on making an offer on a car I'm considering. There may be some discrepancy as to
what the car is worth as far as the bank/NADA/KBB says and what the seller is asking, so I am trying to make a fair and educated offer.

The car in question is a 2007 S4 Avant, 6-spd. 104K miles, overall good shape. Not outstanding, but good.
Service records are pretty complete, clean title, but it's had at least 4 owners. It has had the 105K service, but no work/updates
as far as the timing chain tensioners.

It drives well, no obvious clutch issues.

I know it's somewhat of a unicorn, but I need to keep it realistic. Let me know what you party people think! I may be joining your ranks
(with dual citizenship in the land of B5 S4).

Cheers!
I know from experience that dealers typically mark up pre-owned vehicles 15%-20%. Give or take 5% if they lost on the Avant when it was trade-in or auction bought. Of course there's the other factors such as mileage, your trade-in value (if applicable) and maintenance etc.. You've already done your research and know what market price is and what you feel comfortable paying for the Avant. If finance, at the end of the day it's comes down to what you can dish out monthly for payment. Just meet somewhere in the middle and call it good.

Good luck (if you haven't already purchased it)!
Old 12-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

from my personal experience, if it hasn't had the timing chain service done to it, i would personally offer 1500-2500 less than the median value as given from the sites you listed (the cost of a JHM intermediate kit) plus whatever you think it will cost to install it. This one might have a newer/upgraded guide design, but that doesn't mean they aren't failure proof. It's not really a matter of IF you will need to do this...it's more a matter of WHEN it will need to be done. Then again, this is just my .02 I currently own a 2005.5 and am getting ready to do the service at 94k miles. local indy shop wants 4800. At the very least, keep that in the back of your mind.