S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

[HOT] 2015 AUDI S4 Order Guide + Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys!! I do know the car I'm getting does have black optic for sure. I think the decision will come down to that option being offered on the 2015 and if it has the same wheel design. If all is the same I might as well wait a few months for the new model. I will post any additional information I get from my dealer.

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
If you can order the 2015 with the options you want for about the same price, I'd get the 2015 since the 2014 will be depreciated before you even receive it. If you can truly get the 2014 with black optic, that may be a reason to stick with the 2014. If you recently ordered you may not get it on the 2014 either unless the dealer picked one up already in production at the time of your order. There are numerous reports of people being told they won't get it even though it was ordered a while back and I believe it is no longer an option on the Audi web site for 2014's.

If the 2015's do have black optic, the wheels sound like they will differ. I believe the 2014 description was "5 arm rotor" and the 2015 description is "V-spoke design". Perhaps that is what your dealer meant by "discontinued" but I don't really know. Good luck!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
If you can order the 2015 with the options you want for about the same price, I'd get the 2015 since the 2014 will be depreciated before you even receive it. If you can truly get the 2014 with black optic, that may be a reason to stick with the 2014. If you recently ordered you may not get it on the 2014 either unless the dealer picked one up already in production at the time of your order. There are numerous reports of people being told they won't get it even though it was ordered a while back and I believe it is no longer an option on the Audi web site for 2014's.

If the 2015's do have black optic, the wheels sound like they will differ. I believe the 2014 description was "5 arm rotor" and the 2015 description is "V-spoke design". Perhaps that is what your dealer meant by "discontinued" but I don't really know. Good luck!
I agree 100% as long as you aren't wanting the powered rear sunshade!

I'm willing to take the hit on depreciation because I'll at least get the car I want.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Taxmaster
I'm willing to take the hit on depreciation because I'll at least get the car I want.
+1

I wonder if dealers are offering a "depreciation discount".
Old 04-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RedlumF
+1

I wonder if dealers are offering a "depreciation discount".
No they aren't lol, but it's not as if I'm not trying. I'm trying to see if maybe they can work with me on the Audi Care pricing. Who knows!
Old 04-24-2014, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Estoril Blue is gone? Dammit!!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Taxmaster
I agree 100% as long as you aren't wanting the powered rear sunshade!

I just wanted to update anyone that was in the same situation as me between buying a 14 or 15. They still have not released the pricing, but I did confirm that the black optic package does indeed have a different wheel. This was the deciding factor for me and my sales rep was nice enough to track down a pic of the wheel. I didn't like the new wheel at all. I'm so confused why Audi would get rid of such a good wheel that were so popular. I'll see if I can get a copy of the pic and post later.

This wheel change has finalized my decision for me. My 14 S4 should be here next week and I will be sticking with that vehicle. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ncharaipotra
I just wanted to update anyone that was in the same situation as me between buying a 14 or 15. They still have not released the pricing, but I did confirm that the black optic package does indeed have a different wheel. This was the deciding factor for me and my sales rep was nice enough to track down a pic of the wheel. I didn't like the new wheel at all. I'm so confused why Audi would get rid of such a good wheel that were so popular. I'll see if I can get a copy of the pic and post later.

This wheel change has finalized my decision for me. My 14 S4 should be here next week and I will be sticking with that vehicle. Thanks for everyone's help.
Here is the picture I got from my dealer on the 2015 S4 Black Optic wheel. In my opinion, no where near as nice as the previous 5 arm wheel previously offered with this package. Name:  IMG-20140426-WA0000.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  30.2 KB
Old 04-28-2014, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

So basically they ditched the sun shades because no one ordered them. They probably would have sold a few more if they offered it in the premium plus cars and not the prestige only cars. Its not like there was anything that prevented from being in one car over the other. Stupid move on audi na's part. I bet you could probably still get it with a special order.

I understand why they ditched the crystal paint . I remember seeing them in the dealer and while they looked good you could already see scratches and it hadn't even left the dealer lot! Sepang is a great choice, not as great as Nogaro but pretty damn good.

At this point the only thing that differentiates a well optioned Premium Plus car versus a prestige car is the adaptive headlights. It used to be Side assist and adaptive headlights but it appears side assist is now part of the tech pack. Makes very little sense to keep two packages setups like this since there is almost no differentiation.

Does that parking assist plus include the automatic parking system? Like it will parallel park for you? Or is just the front and rear sensors (why they didn't give you the option for the front sensors for the last 5 years is a mystery)
Old 04-28-2014, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So this is what I got from my local (canadian) Audi dealer. PDF attached.

Can anybody please help me with examples of 'UTOPIA BLUE METALLIC' and SEPANG BLUE PEARL EFFECT' ??

I was going to order a 2014 with Estoril Blue, but I'm too late.

My dealer is trying to locate one, but I want a 6-speed, and sport diff, and he's not having any luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
28340001.pdf (86.4 KB, 206 views)
Old 04-28-2014, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

allow me to partially answer myself.

Album of Sepang Blue:

http://fourtitude.com/emAlbum/albums...earl%20Effect/

If anybody has info on Utopia Blue, please share.

Quick Reply: [HOT] 2015 AUDI S4 Order Guide + Information