Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 207571
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Default 2012 S4 — when and features?

I am considering ordering a 2011 S4 but am naturally wondering about what the 2012 model year will bring.

I’ve googled for it as best as I can, but nearly all the results are ****ty fake content sites.

Does anyone have any information — or thoughts — on what the 2012 S4 might bring?

When in the calendar year are new model years typically available for ordering?

Thanks!

-pmod
pmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 151618
 
m444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 1,338
Default

Should be able to order in early May and arrive in July. Depends on where you live. I ordered in late April, no commission number till early May, arrived in late July.
__________________
11 S4 P+, DSG, SD, APR stg 2
m444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 11928
 
derfA8L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: New York City/Hamptons, Long Island
Posts: 2,887
Default Here's what Edmund's Inside Line says about future S4 changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmod View Post
I am considering ordering a 2011 S4 but am naturally wondering about what the 2012 model year will bring.

I’ve googled for it as best as I can, but nearly all the results are ****ty fake content sites.

Does anyone have any information — or thoughts — on what the 2012 S4 might bring?

When in the calendar year are new model years typically available for ordering?

Thanks!

-pmod
...Audi S4---2013 Audi S4: All-new in 2010, the S4 will most likely get a midcycle refresh for the 2013 model year.

Appears that probably nothing significantly will change for the 2012 MY. Audi typically releases their new MY Order Guides at the end of May, so you should be able to place an order at that point.
__________________

derfA8L

2015 A8L 4.0T (production week 10/20/14...Delivered on 11/21/14) Panther Black Crystal Effect/Black Interior/Black Alcantara/Poplar Brown-Silver Inlays
Premium, Luxury, Sport, Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Rear Seat Comfort, Panoramic Sunroof, Night Vision
derfA8L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 151618
 
m444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 1,338
Default

The 2011 B8 S4 order guide showed up in April 2010, last year;

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachm...1&d=1271702996

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthr...ine&p=65397586

Pricing showed up much later.
__________________
11 S4 P+, DSG, SD, APR stg 2
m444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 162866
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m444 View Post
The 2011 B8 S4 order guide showed up in April 2010, last year;

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachm...1&d=1271702996

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthr...ine&p=65397586

Pricing showed up much later.

Any chance the Google MMI will make it to the 2012 MY or will I need to wait until 2013 to get Google MMI? If 2013 for Google MMI, then I'll have to pass and just get the 2012 MY. Two years is a long time to wait for refresh and updated features.
Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #6
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 169140
 
NWS4Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,366
Send a message via MSN to NWS4Guy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Any chance the Google MMI will make it to the 2012 MY or will I need to wait until 2013 to get Google MMI? If 2013 for Google MMI, then I'll have to pass and just get the 2012 MY. Two years is a long time to wait for refresh and updated features.
There is a chance, the A6 has it for 2012, but we are due for a minor upgrade in 2013, so might not get it till then.
__________________
Like a surgeon with a scalpel, my S4 is a precision instrument, with which I carve and dissect my way through traffic.

2010 S4 Prem+, Quartz Gray, S-tronic, Sport Diff, B&O, Nav, Gray Birch
StopTech ST-60 BBK - Stratmosphere intake - APR Stage 1 + exhaust

**** Have USB HEX-CAN Vag-Com cable if you need someone local to mod you ****

NWS4Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 123764
 
bbmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 263
Default

I heard 2014 B9 S4 are going turbo 4 with massive weight reduction. Any truth to that?
__________________
1st Ring: 2003 A4 1.8T Brilliant Black/18" RS4 replica/Hankook W300 Ice Bear

2nd Ring: 2010 A5 2.0TFSI Quartz Grey/Premium/S-line/Nav/B&O/3M/18" Moda MD11/Pirelli Winter 240 Sotterzero

3rd Ring: 2011 S4 3.0S/C Phantom/Mustang Nappa/Nav/Rear Differential/Custom 3M Clearbra Full Front End/32% Tint All Windows/Continental ExtremeContact DWS/VAG-COM

4th Ring: TBD
bbmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #8
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 169140
 
NWS4Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,366
Send a message via MSN to NWS4Guy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmaster View Post
I heard 2014 B9 S4 are going turbo 4 with massive weight reduction. Any truth to that?
Almost zero. A refresh in 2012 to completely change from the B8 to B9 the following year? Not going to happen.

They are on a 6 year cycle now it seems at VAG, S4 intro in 2009, refresh 3 years in at 2012, to make it last another 3 years, then move to next platform. Look for the B9 to be out for 2015 most likely.
__________________
Like a surgeon with a scalpel, my S4 is a precision instrument, with which I carve and dissect my way through traffic.

2010 S4 Prem+, Quartz Gray, S-tronic, Sport Diff, B&O, Nav, Gray Birch
StopTech ST-60 BBK - Stratmosphere intake - APR Stage 1 + exhaust

**** Have USB HEX-CAN Vag-Com cable if you need someone local to mod you ****

NWS4Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 123764
 
bbmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS4Guy View Post
Almost zero. A refresh in 2012 to completely change from the B8 to B9 the following year? Not going to happen.

They are on a 6 year cycle now it seems at VAG, S4 intro in 2009, refresh 3 years in at 2012, to make it last another 3 years, then move to next platform. Look for the B9 to be out for 2015 most likely.
But what do you guys think about the turbo 4 in the next S4? I don't think many people want to pay 60K for a 4 cylinder, doesn't matter what trick they use.
bbmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 151618
 
m444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 1,338
Default

It depends on the automotive lanscape in 2015. We may see a lot of changes, time will tell. The TTRS 5 cyl looks to be an interesting engine. How much does the TTRS cost? $58k?
__________________
11 S4 P+, DSG, SD, APR stg 2

Last edited by m444; 02-06-2011 at 11:17 AM.
m444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2012, 2013, a3, ambient, audi, b8, b9, biturbo, grey, lighting, name, order, s4, update, wheels


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community