S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 Prestige - Follow my build - Dyno Results Inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Prestige - Follow my build - Upd 4/4/15

I figured Id start a dedicated thread journaling my progress with my new-to-me S4.

Base Stats:
2013 S4 Prestige / MMI / 19" Wheels / DSG

2/25/15 - Stock - 93 Octane

Took the car to Titan Motorsports in Orlando, Fl. Had dyno'd. They use a dynojet so shouldn't be inflated numbers like the Mustang Dyno is famous for.

I kept the numbers from Run 1 (3rd gear run) and Run 4 (4th gear run)

Run 1 - 3rd Gear - Sport mode not on - 69.37* F - 38% Humidity
293.34 Max AWHP
286.88 Max Torque

Run 4 - 4th Gear - Sport mode on - 69.69* F - 39% Humidity
303.38 Max AWHP
283.60 Max Torque

I have decided to go through Forge Motorsports in Orlando, FL for a Stage 2 GIAC tune, Supercharger pulley, AWE Catback touring exhaust with resonated down pipe , and Roc-Euro Intake

I will update this thread with a picture of the dyno report and updated from the exact dyno once mods are on and tuned (should be about 2 weeks)

I know its not much info but I will chronicle the numbers, I will use consistency in my fuel and in which dyno I use throughout the process.

Update 4/4/15:

While Im waiting on my Roc-Euro intake I decide to do some exterior mods to the car.

I had the factory 19" wheels powder coated, grill blacked out, Entire vehicle wet sanded/polished, ENTIRE vehicle wrapped in clear wrap, matte black accent wrap on front bumper, hood, roof, and trunk lid.

And then I had the car coated in CeramicPro which makes the water and dirt bead off this thing as if the cars been permanently coated in RainX. Im a VERY happy customer. Now my paint is 100% swirl free and protected from ever getting a swirl again! (at least for the next 5 years). The car went from seemingly dull to being able to see my reflection.

I use Mr Prime Shine in Orlando for the Ceramic Pro. sanding, polishing and detailing.

Pics below! Enjoy and please feel free to comment!
Attached Images     

Last edited by speed_racer; 04-04-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Subscribed!
Old 02-25-2015, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

subscribed
Old 02-26-2015, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Excellent. Does sport mode have a different fuel Map or just throttle scaling? I'm curious at why the numbers increasing in the peak HP by ~3-5%.

It sounds like this isn't your first attempt at a build. What else have you played with?

Could you post dyno charts or the raw data from Titan? Peak HP numbers aren't as impressive, to me, as a long flat tq curve. (Rationale) If you do a modification that doesn't increase your peak HP by much but increases your mean curve by 20% it's still a heavy win for power increase.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Waaazooo
Excellent. Does sport mode have a different fuel Map or just throttle scaling? I'm curious at why the numbers increasing in the peak HP by ~3-5%.

It sounds like this isn't your first attempt at a build. What else have you played with?

Could you post dyno charts or the raw data from Titan? Peak HP numbers aren't as impressive, to me, as a long flat tq curve. (Rationale) If you do a modification that doesn't increase your peak HP by much but increases your mean curve by 20% it's still a heavy win for power increase.
Im half zombied right now as I just woke up but I will update it today.

I have played with seriously modified Jeeps my entire life. Have owned 15-16 of them, all with custom motors/axles/etc. Also just sold a 600 CHP BMW 545i to get into the S4.

AFAIK sport is just a faster throttle response and a change in TCU settings but don't quote me on that.

I believe that increase has more to do with the fact he flat footed it on the 4th gear run and he let up then mashed the pedal on the 3rd gear run. Either way when WOT the charts match up really well, give me a few hours and Ill wake all the way up and scan it in.

ETA: Baseline dyno results posted above.

Last edited by speed_racer; 02-26-2015 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Any update on how the install went / power improvements? I ask cuz I actually just got my 2012 S4 Prestige, and just ordered EXACT same mods as you except AWE S-Flo intake, plus added the transmission tune for the stage 2 upgrade (you hadn't mentioned it being included in your selection).

Regardless I'll update with my results as well, but I work 55-70 hrs a week (FML) so it may take time to get it done....lol.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, the exhaust has been sitting here for 2 weeks and Forge Motorsports is ready to rock and roll but Roc-Euro sent an email stating they'd be 3 weeks late shipping the intake, which was supposed to be the 19th, I emailed them on the 25th and still haven't heard back...

If I don't hear from them by Monday Ill be forced to cancel my order and order a different intake...

I have also added the TCU tune and an aftermarket cooler for the charger.

In the mean time I had my factory wheels powder coated black, grill and Audi symbols blacked, and a kickass Orca inspired two tone (clear/black) protective wrap put on the car.

Pictures to follow!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by speed_racer
Well, the exhaust has been sitting here for 2 weeks and Forge Motorsports is ready to rock and roll but Roc-Euro sent an email stating they'd be 3 weeks late shipping the intake, which was supposed to be the 19th, I emailed them on the 25th and still haven't heard back...

If I don't hear from them by Monday Ill be forced to cancel my order and order a different intake...

I have also added the TCU tune and an aftermarket cooler for the charger.

In the mean time I had my factory wheels powder coated black, grill and Audi symbols blacked, and a kickass Orca inspired two tone (clear/black) protective wrap put on the car.

Pictures to follow!
Cool, keep me (us) updated, I'm eager to see what it looks / performs like!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Took the car to Titan Motorsports in Orlando, Fl. Had dyno'd. They use a dynojet so shouldn't be inflated numbers like the Mustang Dyno is famous for.
Just an FYI, Dynojets produce a higher number, not Mustangs.

An resistance dyne like a Mustang will provide a lower, but more accurate number and me personally I would never have any car, especially an FI car, tuned on anything other than a Mustang or similar dyno.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Eric_C
Just an FYI, Dynojets produce a higher number, not Mustangs.

An resistance dyne like a Mustang will provide a lower, but more accurate number and me personally I would never have any car, especially an FI car, tuned on anything other than a Mustang or similar dyno.
Now you've piqued my curiosity, and thanks for the info!

Going to find someone with an AWD MD and get side by side reports!

Roc-Euro is really dropping the ball on my intake order... So the car is getting the wrap/body "mods" done as I type this

Quick Reply: 2013 Prestige - Follow my build - Dyno Results Inside