S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 S4 with Adaprive Cruise Control ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 S4 with Adaprive Cruise Control ?

Does anyone have ACC on a 2013 S4? Is there any new functionality when compared to the 2012 S4 (brake guard)? Any pics of the new radar sensors, are they the same as in the A6/A8 models (on the A6 they look like fog lights), or just one sensor next to the right fog light as in the 2012 S4? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I never use cruise control, so don't care.

Bruce
Old 06-11-2012, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar

Bruce
This is post of the month material right here. I'm going to nominate you for your extreme helpfulness.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Stereodude
This is post of the month material right here. I'm going to nominate you for your extreme helpfulness.
thanks!
no really, I have never used cruise control in any car I've owned and I have been driving for 40 years.

Bruce
Old 06-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks!
no really, I have never used cruise control in any car I've owned and I have been driving for 40 years.

Bruce
I have to admit I have not used cruise control much either , however, the reason I am asking is that Adaptive Cruise Control may have functionality worth noting, I read that A8's ACC when used in foggy conditions picks up the cars ahead before they become visible and slows the car down, even to a full stop if needed, I was wondering if this functionality is also available in the S4
Old 06-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bruce
Why reply then?

Originally Posted by kostas_os
I have to admit I have not used cruise control much either , however, the reason I am asking is that Adaptive Cruise Control may have functionality worth noting, I read that A8's ACC when used in foggy conditions picks up the cars ahead before they become visible and slows the car down, even to a full stop if needed, I was wondering if this functionality is also available in the S4
The Brake Guard function is indeed available on the new A/S4 models. From audi.co.uk:

Adaptive cruise control is an intelligent automatic speed and distance control system. It works at speeds from 19-124mph, using radar sensors to measure and maintain required distance to vehicle ahead by braking and accelerating. It has four programs (distance 1 to distance 4) set via steering column controls of the cruise control system. Adaptive cruise control also includes Audi braking guard – a system which triggers a visual and acoustic alarm when it detects the risk of a rear end WB7 collision with the vehicle in front. At speeds below 19mph the system can initiate partial 001 braking or full deceleration if a potential impact is detected to help prevent a collision, or if it is not possible to completely prevent a collision, the system will focus on reducing the speed at which the vehicles collide.

Audi active lane assist helps the driver to stay in lane with gentle steering impulses for greater safety and convenience, particularly on motorways and country roads. The system informs the driver if the car is drifting out of its lane unintentionally above approximately 37mph.
Unless they removed the feature for the US market, then it does include brake guard. Best to verify with your dealer anyways
Old 06-12-2012, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

To answer the question....yes it looks like a black foglight next to the right side foglight
Old 06-12-2012, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent question. ACC will be requisite for my next purchase, as inconsistent traffic flow is a pet peeve of mine. I'm hoping ACC will let me chillax in traffic more so I don't go all Mad Max on everyone.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kostas_os
Does anyone have ACC on a 2013 S4? Is there any new functionality when compared to the 2012 S4 (brake guard)? Any pics of the new radar sensors, are they the same as in the A6/A8 models (on the A6 they look like fog lights), or just one sensor next to the right fog light as in the 2012 S4? Thanks in advance.
Haven't yet seen it on a 2013 S4, but have seen it on a 2013 S5, and it looks as you've described above (one sensor next to the right fog light). Expensive option, and it comes bundled with the dynamic steering, so if you do not want dynamic steering, you're out of luck. (There's no way to turn off dynamic steering via the Drive Select controls...it's always on.)
Old 06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here are several pictures of RS4 avants with ACC installed.

http://www.audi4ever.com/v2/images/b...2010_35_13.jpg

http://www.audi4ever.com/v2/images/b...2010_40_19.jpg

http://www.audi4ever.com/v2/images/b...2010_39_40.jpg

Credit to audi4ever.com

Quick Reply: 2013 S4 with Adaprive Cruise Control ?