S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2010 Audi S4 - warranty and clutch/(master/slave cylinder) question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Audi S4 - warranty and clutch/(master/slave cylinder) question

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and created an additional thread but wanted to chime in.

I've a 2010 S4. My warranty technically ended 10 days ago but I'm still under the miles warranty by 2500.

So, for a yr or so, the dealership said my clutch was worn without really inspecting my car. I told them I had to, at times, press my key in and the clutch (pretty far to the ground) in order for my car to turn on. That issue went away.

Fast fwd a year, the other day I was driving and my clutch got stuck to the floor. Now, I know a little about manual transmissions so I assumed the clutch fluid was out. I didn't know that I couldn't access it in order to replenish. I towed my car to a local shop b/c I was out of warranty and the dealership said I'd have to replace my clutch, which would cost $3500. The local shop just removed the plastic under belly and immediately saw fluid leak. The guy said it was from the master cylinder (or he could've said the slave). After speaking with a friend who is an audi tech, he said to contact audi, bring it in, and fight them on having them cover the replacement/fix.

My car is currently being inspected but I haven't heard of a conclusion. If my friend is right, I assume because of goodwill the audi customer service would help me out, right?
The service manager said my friend was most likely wrong because the a "worn" clutch could cause the master or slave cylinder to break, therefore, leak.

Can anyone help or give me some advice please? I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The assembly IS the weak link in the B8 S4. On 2 occasions, when accelerating WOT and shifting 1/2, my clutch just stayed on the floor and burned. After some time, the clutch eventually returned to functioning normal. But I have been very wary if doing the same again. Even in my new 2014. In all likelyhood, your cluch is fried. And repalcement is not a covered item under the factory warranty anyhow. I will be surprised if you don't have to repalce the entire assembly. I would not put an OEM assembly in if it were my car. I would consider this: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...utch-installed