S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2014 Audi S4 All Season Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Our dealer recommends the DWS tires as well (Cincinnati has moderate winters) -- but there is a new Michelin tire called the A/S 3 (I think) that doesn't offer quite the winter performance, but may offer better performance overall.
While the Michelin A/S 3 will offer superior handling to the DWS (due to a stiffer sidewall, tread design, etc.), reports indicate some feel the A/S 3 to be a bit noisier with a firmer ride than the DWS. And yes, the DWS does perform better in the snow than other UHP all seasons. No one tire does it all. Unfortunately.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
While the Michelin A/S 3 will offer superior handling to the DWS (due to a stiffer sidewall, tread design, etc.), reports indicate some feel the A/S 3 to be a bit noisier with a firmer ride than the DWS. And yes, the DWS does perform better in the snow than other UHP all seasons. No one tire does it all. Unfortunately.
But a set of summers and winters tires/wheels will do it all! Although I have found that A/s tires work just fine for my driving needs
Old 11-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for all the input. I appreciate it
Old 11-05-2013, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

If space is tight in your garage and you would really like to get winter tires/rims, you should really consider this TireRack tire storage rack. It is incredibly sturdy and can be mounted up on the wall near the ceiling in your garage. I have been using it for three years now and it really is a great product.

I think a number of the people on this forum have this same storage rack.

Name:  tirerackstorage_zps95427621.jpeg
Views: 520
Size:  83.5 KB
Old 11-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by carguyrob
If space is tight in your garage and you would really like to get winter tires/rims, you should really consider this TireRack tire storage rack. It is incredibly sturdy and can be mounted up on the wall near the ceiling in your garage. I have been using it for three years now and it really is a great product.

I think a number of the people on this forum have this same storage rack.

Woah! Great find, thanks. That will definitely help considering the tight space that I have. Thanks again!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Glad I could help. BTW...the rack is $129 on Tire Rack. Here is the link:

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...y=Tire+Storage

As I said above, it is very well built and really professional looking in person. I had two neighbors buy one after seeing mine!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Michelin PS AS3s

here are a couple of pics. These are 255/35/19 and they are meaty! I think they're wider than the Conti3s that came on the car. I really like them so far. Ride is a little stiffer than the DWSs I had on my 2010 but the turn-in and handling are much sharper. Have not had them in the wet yet, but they felt pretty good at 27 deg.
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2013, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2014 s4 snow tires? Or keep summer performance tires

Hello, I have just ordered my first Audi - hoping for late February delivery,
Specs are :
2014 S4 Technik 6-Spd
Lava Grey - Pearl Effect Paint
Black Leather Interior
ALUMINUM/BLACK BEAUFORT INLAY
Audi quattro Sport Differential
Adaptive Dampening Suspension
Dynamic Steering
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
rear seat airbags
My concern is how will the 19" summer performance tires handle the cold days ie below 0 but no snow. Should I be getting snow tires and wheels?
Old 11-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by First time S4
My concern is how will the 19" summer performance tires handle the cold days ie below 0 but no snow. Should I be getting snow tires and wheels?
Yes. (Sounds like you are in Canada?) Summer tires are not designed for winter temperatures or ice. Get all-seasons at a minimum, but real winter tires are best if you are going to be switching them anyway. Snow is not the only factor: the tires are made with different rubber compounds for different temperatures.

Getting a separate set of wheels for winter will make it easier than having the tires remounted twice a year.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by moose_head
Yes. (Sounds like you are in Canada?) Summer tires are not designed for winter temperatures or ice. Get all-seasons at a minimum, but real winter tires are best if you are going to be switching them anyway. Snow is not the only factor: the tires are made with different rubber compounds for different temperatures.

Getting a separate set of wheels for winter will make it easier than having the tires remounted twice a year.
Thanks, was hoping to sweak by from late February through March with the stock tires the car comes with.
I will keep looking at the tire rack site for some reasonable deals. Car comes with 19", should be ok to switch to 18" snow's I believe

Quick Reply: 2014 Audi S4 All Season Tires