S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2014 Audi S4 All Season Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by First time S4
Thanks, was hoping to sweak by from late February through March with the stock tires the car comes with.
I will keep looking at the tire rack site for some reasonable deals. Car comes with 19", should be ok to switch to 18" snow's I believe
I manage to get buy driving my car in Dec/Jan/Feb by driving my S4 very conservatively and only when the roads are clear and dry. If weather is possibly an issue, I drive my 2002 AWD Mercury Mountaineer with A/S tires. It goes wherever and whenever I need it.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Extreme Contact DWS and live in New Hampshire and they do fine in the snow. I would buy them again.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mesa512
Hey Guys,

So I am brand new to the forum. I have been reading threads on here for a while and finally joined because...I finally placed an order for my S4! Here is my configuration:

2014 Audi S4
Prestige Package
6-speed Manual Transmission with Audi Quattro AWD
Exterior Color: Phantom Black Pearl
Interior Color: Black Leather/Alcantara Seating Surfaces
Decorative Inlays: Layered Aluminum/Black Wood Inlay
Wheels: 19” 5-Segment-spoke design wheels with Silver finish 255/35 summer tires
Front License Plate Holder
Driver Assist Package
Sport Differential
Adaptive Damping Suspension
All Weather Floor Mats

I placed the order the first week of October, and was given an estimated date of mid-December. I usually pride myself in being a patient person, but this one is killing me. December cannot get here fast enough haha.

Anyway, my dealer told me that the 19" package only comes with summer tires. For some reason they cannot get Audi to send all seasons or winter tires on the car when you get the 19" package. I live in New England and will absolutely need winter or all season tires (especially after the past couple winters that we have had). I don't want to worry about getting winter tires put on then taken off come the spring. So I have decided to get all seasons. I tried to do a lot of research on which one is best and the conclusion seems to be Continental DWS.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....dClar=Prestige

Has anyone had any experience with these specific tires? Or can you recommend another all season tire for my S4.

Thank you!
My 2010 S4 is similar to yours and I have the 19"'s as well as a GIAC tune, Zenon's, K&N filter and B&O. I wish Audi offered these wheels with an all season as well but have found the Conti DWS quite good. While nowhere close to true snow tire, if you don't drive too fast, you can get around as opposed to the Michelin PS3 mine came with! These were absolutely diabolical at any speed above a walk in the snow!
Cheers
Old 11-13-2013, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default South of Mason/Dixon Line

I have set of All Season Conti DWSs (18s) for my S4 an have been very pleased with the handling and performance of these tires.

I live in Memphis and we just do not get enough deep snow to warrant a dedicated set of snow tires.

You would need to put them on in December and take them off in early March.

The Conti DWSs will provide more than enough traction (along with Audi Quattro) for the amount of snow we see down here.

Plus, my wife has an X5 should something "unusal" happen.

Now if I lived in New England...went to school in Worcester, MA and lived in the Berkshires for a few years as well...then you need the decicated snow tires....I had a set of Blizzaks which were great.

But down here the roads get so warm so early... snow tires get worn down too fast.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mesa512
One reason why I am leaning towards all seasons is because I don't have much storage space in my garage. I plan on putting my summer tires in there, but honestly I don't think I have the room to keep a whole set of wheels and tires.

That is why I am going with all seasons. If they don't work out, then I will have to find some place to store a dedicated set of winters.
The Audi dealership I bought from has a storage service when they change over the wheels and tires. My Dunlop SP Wintersport 3Ds came from Discount Tire, who does the switch-over free, but Audi only charges like $20 so if the car's there anyhow, I'll use them. I haven't had them store them, but they always ask if they have my other wheels in storage or if they're in the car.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all the advice/input everyone. Really appreciate it.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Canada yes. Tire rack seems to have the best price by far.up here the dealers are quoting $3,000 for a full set of snows.
A bit ridiculous.