S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2015 S4: difference between Prestige and Premium Plus?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 S4: difference between Prestige and Premium Plus?

Hi all,

From the Audi website, the only differences (aside from cost) I've been able to discern between the Prestige and the Premium Plus is that the Prestige has:
  • Adaptive Xenon headlights, which are not available on Premium Plus; and
  • The option to add the Driver Assist package.
Now, the website also lists that the Prestige has the Audi advanced key (and Premium Plus does not), but according to dealers I've talked to Premium Plus has this as well. Can anyone confirm?

All of the other Prestige components seem add-able to Premium Plus (e.g., Technology Package and upgraded B&O audio).

Is that correct?

If so, then that would mean that the MSRP difference of $2,150 between a fully loaded Premium Plus and a Prestige is just for the adaptive Xenons! Is that right, or am I missing something?? While headlights that turn left or right in accordance with your steering wheel seem very cool, they don't seem $2,150-cool.

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You are exactly right... You can spec a Prem+ with everything except the adaptive headlights. You would indeed be paying $2150 for the headlights, and the ability to buy the Drivers Assist package with the dynamic steering and adaptive cruise control.

I agree with you, and got a fully spec'd Prem+. Saved the $5,000.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Alright, thanks a lot!! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

All correct so far. That's why you don't see as many go with the Prestige package.

Advanced key is now standard across all trims.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2014, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by limsilas
Hi all,

From the Audi website, the only differences (aside from cost) I've been able to discern between the Prestige and the Premium Plus is that the Prestige has:
  • Adaptive Xenon headlights, which are not available on Premium Plus; and
  • The option to add the Driver Assist package.
Now, the website also lists that the Prestige has the Audi advanced key (and Premium Plus does not), but according to dealers I've talked to Premium Plus has this as well. Can anyone confirm?

All of the other Prestige components seem add-able to Premium Plus (e.g., Technology Package and upgraded B&O audio).

Is that correct?

If so, then that would mean that the MSRP difference of $2,150 between a fully loaded Premium Plus and a Prestige is just for the adaptive Xenons! Is that right, or am I missing something?? While headlights that turn left or right in accordance with your steering wheel seem very cool, they don't seem $2,150-cool.

Thanks!
Agree on all comments and happy to confirm the Advanced Key is part of the Premium Plus (at least it is on my 2015!). B&O also sounds great and technology package works as advertised. My wife's Q5 has the adaptive headlights (2013 Prestige) and they are really slick, but not worth the additional charge in this case (IMHO).

My only complaint (need to read my owner's manual) is rain sensing wipers--do I have them or not? I see a control for the rain sensor in the MMI, but while driving in the rain the other day I waited and waited for the wipers to come on and finally turned them on manually out of fear of ending up in a ditch since I couldn't see anything! Can't figure out for the life of me how to set the wipers to auto as it doesn't appear to be an option although there is an option in the MMI to turn the rain sensor on and off.......
Old 12-17-2014, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cobalt03
My only complaint (need to read my owner's manual) is rain sensing wipers--do I have them or not? I see a control for the rain sensor in the MMI, but while driving in the rain the other day I waited and waited for the wipers to come on and finally turned them on manually out of fear of ending up in a ditch since I couldn't see anything! Can't figure out for the life of me how to set the wipers to auto as it doesn't appear to be an option although there is an option in the MMI to turn the rain sensor on and off.......
Auto wipers are standard across trims as well. To turn them on, move the stalk one notch above OFF position. That's it! Then there's a lever on the top side of the stalk to adjust sensitivity (4 settings I believe). I don't remember needing to set anything in the MMI. It's a great set-it-and-forget-it feature!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigBluu
Auto wipers are standard across trims as well. To turn them on, move the stalk one notch above OFF position. That's it! Then there's a lever on the top side of the stalk to adjust sensitivity (4 settings I believe). I don't remember needing to set anything in the MMI. It's a great set-it-and-forget-it feature!
Thanks, will give it a try once this snow/bad weather departs the area. The S4 is home safe in the garage, snow car is in use today!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In addition to what others have said, if you're leasing it makes even more sense to go with an optioned up Premium Plus versus a Prestige (if you can live without the adaptive headlights) as the residual on the Prestige is 3 points lower than the Premium Plus.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ronbars
In addition to what others have said, if you're leasing it makes even more sense to go with an optioned up Premium Plus versus a Prestige (if you can live without the adaptive headlights) as the residual on the Prestige is 3 points lower than the Premium Plus.
That's a great point about the residual value - thanks!

Quick Reply: 2015 S4: difference between Prestige and Premium Plus?