S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2015 S4 Question

Old 07-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 S4 Question

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums, tried to do my own research but I thought you guys could answer me my questions/concerns.

I'm looking to buy an S4 for my wife and need some input.

The car I found:

2015 Premium Plus w/ dual clutch automatic, monsoon color, black nappa leather seats, rear diff, audi side assist, navigation, 19" wheels and supercharged badges.

The dealer gave me the following offer:

$1667.81 down which would include first month payment & $852/month for 35 months.
10k miles per year.
MF 0.00140 residual 58%
Net cap cost: 56,701.70
Old 07-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Accidentally hit done..

Anyways, I feel like the payments are too high for what the car is worth on paper.

Can anyone advise?

Also, is it worth going for Prestige just for Adaptive Cruise Control?

Thanks all!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, actually 12k miles / year.

Can't find the edit post button...

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2014, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

How much is the MSRP? Looking at gross cap cost, it doesn't seem like there could be much off MSRP. Also, you should have either loyalty (if you own an Audi) or conquest (if you don't) money available. I also thought Audi was making first month payment.

Audi Lease Specials & Offers | Audi USA

Edmunds forums can help with MF and residuals. Overall seems expensive to me for a P+ and you need to make sure you are getting the discounts and factory money you should get. Someone else in another thread here claimed to get a 2015 S4 below dealer invoice.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, Rick!

Net cap cost is 56,701.70 & the Gross cap cost comes out to 59,201.70

I did forget to mention that it includes Audi Care.

I'm getting $1k discount due to having a Lexus & the dealer says he is already below MSRP on the car.

With that being said I'm just not sure if $852 / mo (and $1667 down) is a good deal or not for a sticker price like this. The dealer did say that the downpayment includes first month but to me it seems like I'm paying for the first month & not Audi...

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mkan,

There are many variables that must be considered. Do the prices you've mentioned include taxes? I don't think the prices mentioned are out of expectation. There will always be others here who did better - could be due to regional differences, relationship with the dealer, availability of the car purchased, etc.

That said for what it's worth when I was looking at leasing my S4 I could get a similarly equipped model for similar rates with $0 down and 15k miles per year (these were 2014 models though). I think the difference is your dealer isn't giving you as big of a discount off the sticker (might be because you're looking at a 2015). You need to have him come down on the net cap cost - it's higher than I would expect.

Also look into the multiple security deposit (MSD) strategy - it can save you thousands of dollars over the course of the lease. I would try to put as little down as possible. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Cheers,
NM

Last edited by HDCS4; 07-24-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you assume your $1,667 is around $667 for tag and title, that leaves $1,000 cap cost reduction (first month should be covered by Audi). Another $1,000 for conquest gets the $59,201 to $57,201. So $56,701 is only about $500 off MSRP unless you live somewhere that sales tax is collected upfront for the lease vs. paying tax on the monthly payment. (If so I wouldn't lease.)

If you join ACNA and wait 6 mos. you can get 6% (an extra $3K) off MSRP without negotiating. Unless sales tax on the entire car is getting rolled into cap cost, I'd be looking for at least $2K - $3K more off cap cost at a minimum. I suggest trying another dealer.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HDCS4
Mkan,

There are many variables that must be considered. Do the prices you've mentioned include taxes? I don't think the prices mentioned are out of expectation. There will always be others here who did better - could be due to regional differences, relationship with the dealer, availability of the car purchased, etc.

That said for what it's worth when I was looking at leasing my S4 I could get a similarly equipped model for similar rates with $0 down and 15k miles per year (these were 2014 models though). I think the difference is your dealer isn't giving you as big of a discount off the sticker (might be because you're looking at a 2015). You need to have him come down on the net cap cost - it's higher than I would expect.

Also look into the multiple security deposit (MSD) strategy - it can save you thousands of dollars over the course of the lease. I would try to put as little down as possible. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Cheers,
NM
Thanks for the reply, NM!
His quote already included the $1000 incentive for having a Lexus, so I'm not sure if he will budge any further on price.
It is a 2015 model, unfortunately, the 2014 model they have does not have B&O sound system but has the black optic package.
Not sure if it's a good idea to compromise on the sound system or not...

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
If you assume your $1,667 is around $667 for tag and title, that leaves $1,000 cap cost reduction (first month should be covered by Audi). Another $1,000 for conquest gets the $59,201 to $57,201. So $56,701 is only about $500 off MSRP unless you live somewhere that sales tax is collected upfront for the lease vs. paying tax on the monthly payment. (If so I wouldn't lease.)

If you join ACNA and wait 6 mos. you can get 6% (an extra $3K) off MSRP without negotiating. Unless sales tax on the entire car is getting rolled into cap cost, I'd be looking for at least $2K - $3K more off cap cost at a minimum. I suggest trying another dealer.
Thanks, Rick!

Taxes are collected on the monthly payment in the State I live in. (CO)

I've noticed dealerships always say they can't come down with the MSRP because it's a new model. It's more like they just don't want to make less profit.

Although less profit is better than no sale.

Are you suggesting that I shoot for $2-$3k off the net cap cost even without ACNA?

Worst case they say no & I'll just move on to the next dealer then.

Thanks guys!!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mkan
Thanks, Rick!

Taxes are collected on the monthly payment in the State I live in. (CO)

I've noticed dealerships always say they can't come down with the MSRP because it's a new model. It's more like they just don't want to make less profit.

Although less profit is better than no sale.

Are you suggesting that I shoot for $2-$3k off the net cap cost even without ACNA?

Worst case they say no & I'll just move on to the next dealer then.

Thanks guys!!
@Mkan, I would definitely join the ANA club and if I remember that from other members in previous posts if you sign up for a lifetime membership they would wave the 6 month wait. I think it costs $600 or $800 but if you get $3,000 off your first car it's well worth it.

If the dealer is not willing to work with you on that I would move on to another one...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 S4 Question