S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

34 Motorsport silicone intake hose - quick plug for a *favorite* mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 34 Motorsport silicone intake hose - quick plug for a *favorite* mod

As part of a big, ridiculous refresh I did on my V8 S5 a few months ago (links to QW post, which I'll be reposting here eventually... unless I already did, and forgot, heh), I threw on a small mod that surprised me on how much I liked it, and still do. There's a version for your fine cars, so I thought I'd cross-post.

What?: Silicone intake hose to replace the OEM hose, from 034 Motorsport
Why?: It sounds *beautiful,* and it's a dead-simple, minimally-invasive modification. And maybe, just maybe, you pick up a bit of throttle response and/or power (but it's probably slight).
Difficulty: Very easy
How much?: USD$100
Where?: Direct from 034Motorsport.com. 4.2L V8 version and 3.0T version.

I've put a few thousand miles on this mod and it really never stops delivering smiles. Seriously.

+ Adds a beautiful, harmonic sound to the car
+ Easy installation
+ Nicely priced at $100
+ High-quality design and construction

Notes (this is on my 4.2L V8):

I'm thrilled with the results - it adds a beautiful, sonorous, harmonic note to the car's sound. Exhaust sound is cool, but you never quite hear all the notes from inside the car. From the driver's seat, nothing beats intake sound. This sneaky little mod has a definitely awesome impact. I don't know about power gains, but the sound alone is worth it. The car howls just a bit differently, and you definitely notice it. I'm used to the sound now, but I still hear it every time I drive the car.

Installation is a breeze - just unscrew the main hose clamps at the exit of the airbox/MAF sensor body and throttle body inlet, remove the secondary air injection (?) hose, vacuum line, and reinstall using the supplied hose clamps. So easy. 034 provides installation instructions on their site ( V8 install here, PDF for the V6 install here). I'm not affiliated with these guys, I just really like the mod that much.

The gain in sound quality (and reduction in turbulent flow on the intake charge) comes from the elimination of the accordion section on this OE hose.