S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Advice Needed - 2013 S4 w/ 83K Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice Needed - 2013 S4 w/ 83K Miles

Hi All,

I saw a 2013 Monsoon Gray S4 P+ DSG w/ ~83k miles on a dealer (not Audi, however) website listed for a very good price (~$27K). Carfax wasn't available but vehicle was probably used in a rental fleet or as a company car for an Audi exec.

It looks pretty clean cosmetic-wise inside and out based on pics posted. Would love to check it out in person (as pics only show so much) but dealership is 2hrs away from me.

I asked for options list and Carfax via email but got the usual runaround that info will be provided once I arrive for a test drive, blah blah blah....

So before I invest my time to make the drive over there, I'd like to get your opinions on whether if this sounds like a good buy mainly because of the high mileage.

Are there any big ticket maintenance items due soon which I should be aware of? And what about reliability in general? This will be my DD in the winter (RWD two-seater in the summer time) so I'd like to make sure it's not going to have significant issues that will get me stranded.

Any comments will be appreciated!

Last edited by Glayfan40; 10-05-2015 at 04:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:16 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMHO, You will need to buy and extended warranty if you buy the car.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Facelift model probably has a lot of life left in her, if properly cared for in the past. Still, you are getting into the "anything can happen" life cycle of the car.

So it becomes a gamble. Do you spend 3-4k on a warranty or take a chance you don't break something expensive like sports differential or whole transmission. How long are you planning on keeping it?
Old 10-22-2015, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have 95k on mine and am taking delivery of a new one purely because it has been such a great car. Talked to service advisor when I picked it up for 95k service and we went through a couple other cars they've seen with more miles and nothing jumped out. Still as rock solid as it was in January 2011! I wouldn't be afraid of high mileage except perhaps the DSG, only because I have no experience with it. Btw- I know a great 6spd that is for sale...
Old 10-22-2015, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I saw one similar in NY/NJ area. The dealership looks kinda shady.

Originally Posted by Glayfan40
Hi All,

I saw a 2013 Monsoon Gray S4 P+ DSG w/ ~83k miles on a dealer (not Audi, however) website listed for a very good price (~$27K). Carfax wasn't available but vehicle was probably used in a rental fleet or as a company car for an Audi exec.

It looks pretty clean cosmetic-wise inside and out based on pics posted. Would love to check it out in person (as pics only show so much) but dealership is 2hrs away from me.

I asked for options list and Carfax via email but got the usual runaround that info will be provided once I arrive for a test drive, blah blah blah....

So before I invest my time to make the drive over there, I'd like to get your opinions on whether if this sounds like a good buy mainly because of the high mileage.

Are there any big ticket maintenance items due soon which I should be aware of? And what about reliability in general? This will be my DD in the winter (RWD two-seater in the summer time) so I'd like to make sure it's not going to have significant issues that will get me stranded.

Any comments will be appreciated!